Target Visa lower CL

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by navajo67, Sep 16, 2003.

1. navajo67

navajo67 Active Member

I went to website to make a paymnet and guest wath the CL was down half I did contact CS and this was her answer...

Message Detail:

Subject: Re: Current Account Information Questions

Message: Hi Luis, Thanks for your e-mail. We value your business. As we continually review our accounts, we often make changes in light of current economic factors. You should have received (or will be receiving shortly) a letter with the detailed reasons why the credit limit of your Target Visa was changed. Thank you.

So I did reply...

Message Detail:

Subject: Current Account Information Questions

Message: What? did you wrote...'we often make changes in light of current economic factors...'

This was her answer:

Message Detail:

Subject: Re: Current Account Information Questions

Message: Hi Luis, The reason that your credit limit was lowered was based upon current information that we have received from the credit bureaus. We recommend that you contact Experian at 1-888-397-3742 to obtain a current copy of your credit history and dispute any discrepancies with them. I do apologize for your frustration

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

"IF" YOU DON'T NEED IT CLOSE IT OR SOCK-DRAWER IT...

Use it for the lawnmower gas can 2 or 3 times per year...

TOTAL SALES...$10-$15 MAX

3. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Yup, samething happened to a friend of mine. The account was paid off in Jan/2003. In July 2003 Target Visa sent the sametime of bull-crap letter and cut the cl by a 1/3. The reason was a bk was on the report. My friend related that the bk was there when he applied two years ago.

I have a Target Visa myself and will have the balance paid off in a couple of months and I plan to deep 6 this card.

We'll see if they cut my cl.

Best regards,
    Mirage