TARGET VISA - Much more info....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Jul 2, 2001.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I was just going through my cards and saw my Target Card from Retailers National Bank. It has a $1000 limit.

I asked him if he knew more about the upcomingTarget Visa with the Smart Chip. He said
    "ACTUALLY I DO KNOW A LOT ABOUT IT - I am one of the Reps in the Visa program. We are already offering it in Phoenix" - and some other town - cannot remember. BUT the test card does not have the chip but does the same thing.

They will roll it out to 4.5 million Target cardholders with the following variable interest rate scheme:
    9.9% - 12.99% - 16.99% - 19.99%.

He said the "partner company" will take one year to upgrade all the Target stores with the special Smart Chip reader.

They will give out special readers to all those cardholders free - just like BLUE from AMEX.

I then asked about MY ACCOUNT with Target - 5 yrs - perfect payments always - he said I would definitely be on their list for the Visa.

There you go - the latest from the phone with a Target Rep 5 minutes ago!

Visa gets you into the country and out - dogman

He expects it to be available in October nationwide. I will get one if offered!

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WOULD APPLY FOR ONE...but since I have such a low F.I.C.O. 698 AND THEY WOULD PROBABLY DISCRIMINATE AGAINST WAL*MART MANAGEMENT ???

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CLOSING AND PAYING IN FULL 3 ACCOUNTS GOT ME 13 WHOLE POINTS!!!!!!
    WOW

:)

EQUIFAX IS STILL WAY BEHIND IN UPDATING MY REPORT...