Target Visa On-line Application

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, Nov 2, 2001.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WWW.CARDTRAK.COM (NEWS)
    Target VISA (11/1/01)

FULL STORY:

The biggest Smart VISA launch got underway today as
    Target started taking applications online for the new
    smart card. For a limited time Target is giving away, to
    new cardholders, an in-home smart card reader which
    generates exclusive offers from target.com, fields.com
    and GiftCatalog.com from the computer chip embedded
    on the VISA card. The card also includes the Target
    Rewards program offering one point for every dollar
    spent at a Target store or target.com. Purchases made
    elsewhere with the card will earn one point for every two
    dollars spent. Cardholders accumulating 1,000 points
    will receive a Target Rewards certificate good for 10%
    savings on one entire Target VISA purchase at any Target store. There is a limit of
    one 10% savings certificate per billing period, but excess points carry over to the
    next billing period. The Target smart VISA carries interest rates of 9.9%, 12.9%,
    15.9% or 18.9%, depending on credit qualification. Applicants who did not qualify
    will, in most cases, be issued the Target Guest Card, the retailer's store card. The
    new VISA card is issued by Retailers National Bank, an affiliate of Target. For
    more information visit: http://www.target.com.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Annual percentage rate (APR)
    for purchases
    9.9%, 12.9%, 15.9% or
    18.9%
    based on credit qualification

3. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

what's the minimum score to qualify?

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I have no idea.

5. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

Do they give instant online approval

6. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Mine was instant online. They pulled Experian. My creditexpert score on experian was 666.

7. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

Thanks DaveLV.

mindy

8. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

wife applies score is 663 and was approved at like 18.99 i believe..That would be her highest intrest card so we declined to acknoledge the terms..

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

BillB: Since there is not annual fee, have you considered keeping the account open and not using it? It should help with your credit ratios and therefore improve you score without any cost to you.

10. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

I got the "Your Application requires further processing" spiel last night. Oh Well. One wasted inquiry...

11. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Just got approved for the Target Visa. 6k Cl

I do have a bk-13 on file from 11/96. So my guess is the Target Visa card is FICO driven.

Not sure if Retailers Bank will change this approval method but if your FICO is in the 600's you should be able to get a Target Visa.

I now have three credit cards from Retailers-

Target Visa
    Target Guest Card
    Marshall Fields

12. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Mirage - no you don't. Your Target guest card will be closed and the balance moved over to the Visa.

When I got the Target card, they closed the Target account that was attached to my Fields, and when I got the Target Visa, they closed the Guest Card account and moved the balance over.

Dayton Hudson - er, Target Corp. - is a great company, and their credit products & policies are quite progressive & fair. They know you have a BK because the bureau report they pull gives them a score, as well as the "4 factors" and other pertinent information (utilization ratios, # of accounts, average ages, etc. ... it's all statistics). You just happen to fit a profile of a good customer to them - even with the BK. With my BK (95) my Fields limit keeps going up $1-2k every 4 months- they look at more than just the BK.

GOod luck & congrats!

-mj

13. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

ok... what bureau are they pulling on you guys?

14. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Experian for me. Approved for $6,000 at 18.9%. Creditexpert score 666.

15. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

Who here is applying online for the Target Visa who already has a Guest Card?

I have a guest card since July and applied last night for the Visa card. It got the Requires further processing... message and as of today, they have not pulled Experian or TU.

I got my Equifax report earlier in the day yesterday and don't want to spend another 9 bucks to see if Target pulled Equifax.

Oh well, we'll see what happens at mail call in two weeks.

16. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Did you get an application ID#?

17. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

MJ, thanks for the info. Kinda like how Target Visa is giving me a shot at this. Since I am a current Providian and Nextcard customer.

Not sure what CR was pulled but will update as soon as CE site is up and running.

My guess is EX (CE FICO of 626 as of 11/01)

Best regards,
    Mirage

18. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I just logged on to credit expert a few minutes ago, so it is back up now.

19. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

LHK: thanks for the heads-up. Will surf over.

Best regards,
    Mirage

20. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Actually, that was only during the introduction period of the Target VISA. You can now have both the VISA and the GUEST card without any problem. I'm proof!