Target Visa On-line Application

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, Nov 2, 2001.

1. mj

mj Well-Known Member

I doubt they'll continue it (the department store cards w/Target accounts kind of shows the direction they're going).

Why would you want both anyway? 21% and no rewards vs. 9.9-18.9 with a rewards programs?

-mj

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

who said you'd have to carry a balance? Why? Two tradelines, one showing as retail, one showing as a visa... Helps those ratios, helps that score... that's why...

3. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I was approved, but their limit is wacked!

I am fighting for a higher limit.

Cypri:)

4. monicagee

monicagee Well-Known Member

Cypri my limit is wacked as well. What are you doing to fight for a higher limit? Also what is your limit?

5. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

$500 is my limit and I just realized they pulled EQ, which I guess i can understand because I have sooooo many inquiries on there.

I thought they had pulled EX but it was not the case. So guess I will just leave it and keep it for balance ratios because I will not use it.
    Besides I think if you were a previous Target holder they are approving for higher limits because you already had a relationaship established with them.

Cypri:)

6. monicagee

monicagee Well-Known Member

Cypri my limit is the same. Just one thing, I have a Mervyns card since 1993 and Mervyns is part of the Target Corp. I guess I will just be happy with what I have. The rep told me that the acct is reviewed every 30 days for an increase. I guess we will wait to see what happens.

7. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Applied for Target Visa today. Just pulled my Transunion report. The inquiry was pulled from them. FICO 665

Best regards,
    Mirage

8. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

I just applied and got the "further processing" message. It gave me an app id but then it also said I would receive a letter within two weeks with their decision. I guess it is a denial. I tried checking the status of application and I still get the requires further processing.
    Creditexpert score 626
    b/k in 1998
    Mervyns account always in perfect standing since 1988 & target guest card, also always in perfect standing since 1995.
    I guess they don't care about that part.

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

it wasn't a denial... maybe they do care... call the number above Tuesday/Wednesday and ask to check on the status of the app........

10. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Maer, I agree give them a call next week and ask. I have a bk-13 on file from 1996. My CE score last time I check was 626.

Best regards,
    Mirage

11. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

If you have a Target Guest card, you will get a letter in the mail. After seeing 18 people today apply for and get a mail response (they have guest cards), and you guys, I have come to that conclusion. I heard at work today that if you haven't gotten it yet, (been upgraded) you may get it by the end of this month. The upgrades are still being rolled out and won't be finished until the end of November.

Don't worry!

12. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

I went into the store yesterday to apply for the Visa(Guest cardholder since 1996),& was instantly approved for $5,000 @ 15.9 rate w/$1,000 available for immediate purchases.

I'm not certain which bureau was pulled because when I received my Marshall Fields card a couple of months ago,they went by my Target/Mervyns account history ONLY(which I thought was "odd").

Sister Girl

13. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

I applied online on 11/2 and they pulled Equifax. My equifax score is 720. NO lates, no derogs, and have a Target Guest Card that I got in July with a $300 limit.

I got the "Needs further processing mesage..." but did not get an application ID #

14. Beaker

Beaker Well-Known Member

I got the Target Visa last week, converted from my old Guest Card account. They gave me a 5K limit (compared to 1K on the GC) and an APR of 18.9%! WTF? That is about 6% higher than the rest of my (all prime) cards!! Has anyone tried calling to get the interest rate reduced? I guess the "I'd carry a balance on this card if the rate was lowered" spiel might work...anybody know?

15. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Erica, I think you're right. I pulled all three of my bureau reports after I applied for the visa and NONE of them had a RNB inquiry on them. Target won't tell me what my letter says, but my credit with my guest card is excellent. I just got another credit limit increase via automated system yesterday. I'm glad I paid them off though with my new 9.9% balance transfer option from American Express Gold Delta Miles Card!!!!!!!

16. Guest

Guest Guest

I applied last night for the Target Visa and got a need further processing. Maybe I got denied. I have a bk back in early 98 but have six major credit card all positive. My fico score is 631, I will post my results with Target Visa.

17. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

The Target cards (retail & Visa) are handled by the same people as Mervyn's? ahh well, I'm probably on the Mervyn's blacklist from college 11 years ago.

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok, I called Target Visa tonight to find out my status of my application because I applied online and got a "needs further processing" and I will get a letter in the mail within two weeks. I thought I got denied but I called and they said I was approved for the Target Visa and will receive it soon. Like I said earlier I have a 631 fico as of today. I am glad I got this visa card because it does not have an annual fee. Good luck to those who recently applied for this card !!!!!

19. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

jr: there you go! Your FICO score was close to mine and I was approved online even with a bk-13 on file.

Congrats-

Anybody know how long it takes to received the Target Visa card?

Best regards,
    Mirage

20. CCN1

CCN1 Administrator

?? test Post 11/09/01 1:55pm