Target Visa Platinum?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by fingrrrl, Nov 16, 2001.

1. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

Anyone know about this? If you fiddle around at the new account management pages on target.com they have two target visas pictured, a red one (which I and most people here have) and a silver-colored one. Does anyone have this? Is it platinum? What are the rates like? And does anyone know when online statements are finally going to be available for viewing? I've been waiting since October 15th, which is when I was told (by a CSR) it would be up and running. Thanks!

2. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

I have the silver one & it is a "choice or color" thing(same benefits for both).I'm also waiting for the online access for my account.

Sister Girl

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

When you apply you are given the choice between the red or silver cards. Most people must be taking the red. The cashiers at the Target near me always comment on my silver card when I shop.

4. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

I went with the silver one to. Maybe I thought it looked more like a Platinum card :)

5. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

I'll buy that,Pat(lol).....I could not conceive in my mind that red card.

Sister Girl

6. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

I also pick the silver one. Just could not imagine having a red VISA card.

Best regards,
    Mirage

7. brad

brad Well-Known Member

I too chose the silver card and was happy with a 9000 CL,but the 18.99 a.p.r is not going to work. I will wait until I receive my card and try to reduce the apr. or it goes in the sock drawer.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THEY OFFER 9.90%~12.90%~15.90%~18.90%

One for 18.90%...any other rates?
    I was just curious because of the answer I got from FIRST USA that NOBODY
    gets the lowest rate ~~2.90 + PRIME (EVEN THOUGH THEY ADVERTISE IT)!!!

$9,000 is amazing considering they gave almost everybody $200.00 on the "GUEST CARD"

9. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Excuse me George,it's 18.9%,so what is your problem?

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I was in TARGET on Saturday buying my beverage of choice...NO NOT BEER...PEPSI!!!

The guy in front of me was given a HARD SELL on the TARGET VISA card...

NOT ME...I WAS PRICE MATCHING ANOTHER STORE...12 PACK $1.99...he looked at the ad for like 2 minutes for some "LOOP HOLE"...

I don't know why I didn't get the "HARD SELL"...COMP'ING??? maybe AMEX BLUE???
    He could have not know about AMEX "HIERARCHY"...maybe he thought it was "A STEP ABOVE" BLACK??? Maybe he thought it was a "PROVIDIAN" AMEX card???

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I have NO problem!!!

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

If NOBODY can get 9.90%, I would NOT waste my time, THAT IS ALL!!!

I was just curious!!!

13. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Sorry George,I was just curious too!

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

A little info... What everyone is saying about the Silver is correct. It's just a color... Looks pretty damn cool though. I went for it over the red when I got my $12.5 @ 15.9 online approval. I have a Target Guest card also, but the "upgrades" are done according to THREE different customer service reps, so I applied online.

If you apply vs being upgraded, CS can NOT override your interest rate, but the computer will likely give you a better option within 90-180 days like the GUEST card. If you get the upgrade, CS has some room to move with better CL and APR.

Hope this helps....

More Free info from.......

15. MT

MT Well-Known Member

BKEV my mom applied for the card and I encouraged her to call about the APR, it was reduced to the 12.9% rate. You can always negotiate, just have to speak with the correct people. This was at the toll-free number on the back of the card.

16. jaj1701

jaj1701 Well-Known Member

When I received my Visa replacement for my Target Guest card, here is what I got....

Closed Target Guest Card = $1,200 CL

New Target Visa = $9,000 CL @ 12.9%

After a very short phone call, I had 9.9%. I said I called to "close the card" because all my other credit cards are 9.9% and under (which was the truth). She came back with, "No problem sir, I have reduced your APR to 9.9%".

Also confirmed, color difference only, no current known plans for a premium card from RNB.

=====================
    Experian/Credit Expert = 784
    Equifax/FICO = 763
    TU = I forgot

17. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

I was approved Target visa with $10,000 and 18.9 %APR.It seems they give applicants high credit line and also high APR .