Target Visa Update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by matty61184, Sep 4, 2001.

1. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Ok everyone, I just called the Target number and luckily got to talk to a rep who had just been trained on the new Target Visa card today! He had a lot of information for me, and I'll post as much as I can. The cards started printing today, and will begin sending tomorrow. They are printing 7 days a week, but less on the weekends, and he said everyone SHOULD have their card by the end of October. The card can either be silver or red, all you have to do is call them when you get it and request a different card if you don't want the type you have. You also get a free smart card reader, so be sure to call and request it right away when you get the card. I also asked about credit lines, and he said that I would likely get a higher line with the Visa card, and that their are different tiers for interest rates, the lowest he had heard about was something like 13.9%. There is no annual fee and there is a grace period with the card. He told me to expect my card within the next couple weeks!!! Woo-hoo!!! I can't wait, it sounds like it will be a neat card! Everyone make sure to post when they get their card, as well as give any additional information about the card they have. Thanks!

2. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Yahooooooooooooo! Thanks very much for the update. I'd been wondering about the Target Visa status and this tells me what I need to know.

Thanks again!

3. matty61184

No problem! It sounds like the reps are pretty willing to disclose any information about the card, so you could call them if you wanted any further details.

4. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Well, I just talked to Target Guest Credit (at 1-888-304-4000) and got some not-so-happy news. I spoke with a fellow named "Shawn" who escalated the call up the ladder to someone who knew something (I guess) and was informed that NOT ALL Target Guest Card holders will be automatically converted. He said that each account would be reviewed with respect to credit files, payment history, and relationship duration. Argh. I hope the clowns I spoke with were mistaken. I'd encourage others to call; perhaps your mileage will vary. ("Representatives are available seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 12 midnight, CT.")

Randy
    Addicted to CreditNet

5. monterio25

monterio25 Member

Just called Target, rep said that some of the accounts would automatically be switched over and others would have to apply for the card. She said that there was no way that they could tell which accounts would be switched, you would just have to wait for a letter from Target asking you if you want to switch.

6. matty61184

That is weird. I've had my account since July 13,2001. I made one charge the WHOLE time I've had the account for $3.41, and they said I'll be getting it. I bet that person is just some ignorant fool who didn't know what they were talking about. I'd call back and speak with another rep and see what happens. I wouldn't think it would be feasible to leave some people on the "Target" card while converting others to Visa. The man I spoke with was very well informed and REALLY knew his stuff, so from what he said, trust me, you'll be getting the card sooner or later.

7. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

As promised, here is the "inside" information on the Target Visa.

"You will begin to see them soon, the beginning of September the upgrading of Target Red cards will begin to existing cardholders. November 1st, the Target Visa will be rolled out to the stores. Both cards will exist, the Visa will be the card of choice, due to the better interest rates, the rewards program, the microchip. If a Guest does not qualify for the Visa - or - chooses not to select Visa, they can receive the Red Card, same as now if they qualify."

That was taken directly from an e-mail I received on 8/31/01 from Target Corporation. That is all I know. Others have more information than I do. So pay attention!

8. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Argh, Matty, looks like some of us definitely aren't flagged for Target VISA. Tell the guy you spoke with "Phooey" for me. :)

Randy