Target Visa

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by matty61184, Sep 15, 2001.

1. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard anything else about the Target Visa card since the last update? Anyone received theirs yet?

2. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Ok, here's the deal (for me, at least)...

Called regular customer service, rep. saw that my guest card was in the process of being converted, and transferred me to Target Visa customer service.

Target Visa customer service (nice lady, as always!) told me that my card was send end of last week, and I should be receiving it (although there might be delays, due to the hell that happened, god help us all).

Anyway, she told me my limit was $6k (only $300 more than my regular card) and my APR was 18.9%- then she said that looked too high, based on my account history, and she lowered it - before I got my card! - to 15.9%. They have 3 tiers - 12.9, 15.9, and 18.9 , and according to her, they can drop you 1 level at their discretion. VERY COOL.

Rewards program will be one 10% off coupon (for an entire puchase) for every 1,000 points you eard (points are earned at a rate of 1 for every $1 spent at Target, and 1 per every $2 spent elsewhere).

I'm gonna get a LOT of coupons!!!

-mj

3. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

What state do you live in?

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

mj what kind of fico scoring you have? 15.9% is pretty high for a $6K limit card i think. Maybe you should try their new "R" dept and get something lower...

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

12.90% IS TOO HIGH...but I don't have the card...

6. mj

mj Well-Known Member

I'm in MA

I agree 15.9 is high - my FICO is 710 __but__ there's a BK from 1995. I'm sure the scoring model did it's thing, but the person was able to lower it one notch, and I'll probably get it lowered again after a few months.

For a retail card, these are good rates.

BUT... I don't care about the APR, since I'll never revolve on it (that's for BofA at prime, Amex Blue at 9.9, etc.).

Anyone else get theirs yet and want to share the terms?

-mj