Target

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jzilla, Apr 9, 2001.

1. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

Applied in store yesterday and got it!!!! How are they about limit increases and such? I needed a department store. I have Speigel but I'm closing it as I've never used it. Or should I leave it open? It's four months old. I just hired Junum to try and get the collection accounts off of my reports and some inquiries from FUSA that I didn't authorize. Hopefully, they will do the job. Keep your fingers crossed.
    Jill

2. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

You'll be lucky to get $700. out of RNB-Target.

Sean

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE SAID THEY GOT $200!!!!

If you can, charge it almost to the limit every month, and pay in full. Then after a few months tell them the $200 is too small...SEE WHAT THEY DO.

I CAN AND HAVE CHARGED $200 BEFORE LUNCH TIME, SO WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THE OTHER 30.5 DAYS IN THE MONTH???

They would deny me any way...CONFLICT OF INTEREST...

4. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

I damned near charged that yesterday. They started me with $200. I read someones' post that they had a decent limit on theirs. I just wondered how long before I should start bugging them for an increase. Good advice, George. I've done that on my other cards and it seems like everytime I get one paid down, they up the limit. Orchard has been good about this.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

You can call Target about every 4-6 months and they have an option to ask for an automatic increase, if you get it you hear congratulations, if you don't you hear we will send you a letter yada yada.

6. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

Thanks Mom.
    Jill

7. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Don't close spiegel . they report credit limit to all three Cra's.
    At the fourth month they will increase your limit $1000 more.

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I called Target credit dept to reopen my closed Target account. They re-opened my closed Target card without checking my credit.

Ron.

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Yes Target reopens account all the time. You can also take your card (when it's been closed) and go to any Target and they will reopen it right then and there:)

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Momof3,
    I was surprised they just reopened my account immediately without reviewing my credit or pulling credit from the credit bureaus. I got credit cards for almost twenty years and I never saw that in my life.

Ron.

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MOST CREDIT CARDS GIVE YOU A "WINDOW" OF TWO MONTHS OR SO TO RE-OPEN IT WITHOUT A CREDIT REPORT OR AN APPLICATION.

12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

George,
    I closed Target for a year and half and they surprised me to reopen the account without checking my credit. They told me on the spot(within haif mintue) your account has just been reopened. I don't think they can check my credit within short time of period.

Ron.

13. anne

anne Guest

I have a question, I was turned down by Target, should I wait or re-apply? Would calling them and asking for new accounts help. I would not care if it were a small limit I could build up. Any advice appreicated. I work for a Prison not in one. (For those who look at my IP).

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

anne,
    I think you should call them to find why you have been turned down. The number is (800)-659-2396. By the way they pull credit from Equifax where I live in Texas.

Ron.