Target

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Apr 10, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

For months I've had a secret agreement w/ Target. I apply every 2 months, they decline, I get 60 days of free online access to my Experian report, during which I can pull numerous updated reports, as many as I like. Today, Target broke their part of the deal.

First of all they approved me, and second - they now pulled Equifax.

Damage control & assessment:
    ============================

- Closed account immiediately (but can re-open whenever I want, which is nice).
    - Make sure no new tradeline is reported.
    - It's my first chance to see what's going on w/ my Equifax since I last saw it when they started releasing scores.

Lesson
    ======

Kids, make sure not to try this at home.

Saar

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

LOL! Heheheh

3. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Why did you close the account??

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Saar,

I was just denied credit by MBNA. They stated in the letter
    "your reolving credit references have not been established for a sufficient amount of time & you do not have a sufficient amount of credit references". Questions: (1) How long do I have to wait before applying to MBNA again, (2)they pulled from Experian; how do I go on line and see my
    credit report free as soon as possible?

5. Saar

Saar Banned

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Thanks dude! I just got my ghetto .35 cents dispute with experian back, 9 out of 10 deletions. Applied for target since you said about that, APPROVED $300 woohoo.

7. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Re: Saar- no new tradeline

I have a question about that. I applied for an Associates Visa back in September (student version); they approved for a terrible $300. I called them immediately-never using the card-and said that my other credit lines were 3000x that amount AT A MINIMUM!

They closed the account right away. However, the stupid trade is being reported on my reports. Anyway to get it off?

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: Saar- no new tradeline

Jim,
    How long did you have oldest credit account? Most banks like MBNA, Citibank require you have at least 3 accounts for a year credit history. I had three accounts with MBNA. When I applied for MBNA Garfield Mastercard and I had at least five credit accounts with more than 2 yrs credit history. By the way, may I asked what type of the card did you apply for? MBNA had different requirement for qualifying their credit cards. I remember someone on this board got approval with autoloan in his credit report.

Ron.