target

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Carrie, Apr 22, 2001.

1. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

I just tried to apply for a target card online. I guess I was denied although it doesn't say that. It says:
    We experienced technical difficulties while processing your application.

To check your application status, contact us by clicking here or call us at 1-888-316-6145 between 7 am and 12 midnight Central Time.

You will not be able to obtain your application status online.

The Target Guest Card is a credit card issued by Retailers National Bank, an affiliate of Target.

I thought Target was an easy card to get. My fico score is 626, I have 6 possitives and 4 negatives. I guess I jumped the gun. I probably should have waited until I giot some of the neg off. 3 really should be off the report and one is reported correctly but I'd still like to get it off.

So is my credit that bad that I can't even get the easy cards???

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

PEOPLE SAY IT IS EASY...it is not HARD to give everybody a credit line of $200...even people that have income >$50,000 and NO negatives...

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

carrie

people do say that certain cards are easy to get. Those careless statements bother me. I spent a lot of time on this board telling people my denials and stuff like that. But I dont waste the time anymore b/c someone always has something to say to the contrary.

I was denied a target card in the fall of 2000. My score was in the low 600's. I was approved in 2/2001, when my scores had risen to the high 600's. The same for Macy's. These cards aren't give away cards. I hope you get the card by the way.

Did you apply for the citibank American Airlines Aadvantage mastercard?

roni

4. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

Re: carrie

I just don't want to deal with a secured card. I would like to get something that will bring my score up, but I am not really interested in getting cards to use at least not on a regular basis. We do not have Target in our area so I will not be "tempted" to use it a lot. I wish I had of waited to apply for the Target card untill after I wiped out a couple of those neg marks. Like I said 3 of them really aren't true and I don't see a problem with getting them corrected or deleted.

So do you think I should apply for the above card??

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

well maybe. if your score is in the 620 range. I got the citi card , at the same time target and macy's turned me down. That card was the hot topic here many months ago.

The key is this, I only recommend you apply for the card if you have not had any negatives added in the last 12 months. It is better if they are paid. You know your own credit. Try it.

roni

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Perhaps.

I got the $300 limit target card about 2 weeks ago. Instant online approval. Checked equifax only (ga) and my score as of now is 565.

Keep in mind i have over $6000 in mastercards that i've built in the last 14 months of perfect history.

I do have some sore stinking ($5000 worth) of unpaid charge offs about 4.5 years aged.

No new derogs in the past 4.5 years at all.

I actually applied because the last time they checked experian, and i was about to get my free report from denial. Someone else mentioned doing that. Good idea! Well i got approved.

$300 limit on 21% apr sucks complete ass.

7. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

I just got brave and called the 800 number provided on the page and she told me that the system was down and that it didn't take my information at all. So I think I will wait till I can get a couple of the negs removed, and bring up my score before I try again!

8. Jill

Jill Guest

Carrie
    either that or apply instore. I tried online like 10 times before I gave up. Applied in store and was approved instantly. Their system has beend screwing up off and on for awhile now. Good Luck!
    Jill

9. FatJake

FatJake Guest

Me 675 with Numerous (5+ years old) negatives and Chapter 7 (5 years). Approved for $500 with Target.

10. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

I applied for target 3x - I did it the first time when I had basically @!#$ credit cuz it was said to be "easy". Obviously denied. The second time was when most of my negs were deleted from Experian. Denied again. Two months later the big bad bk was deleted so I applied again. Approved. Unfortunatley, I have no idea what my scores were with Experian. I wouldn't say they were easy. At least not in my case. I was approved for quite a few other cards (visa/mc) while being denied Target. I've realized that I can not get retail cards with a bk still on my file (it's still on Equifax and TU)

Kelly