Tax Lien Deleted

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, May 4, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

My DMV tax lien was deleted. Yeepee. Just in time for the mortgage...

I disputed it to TU last month and received an updated credit report minus the dmv tax lien.

I am so happy. That was a good conclusion to my eventful week.

Just thought I would share.

roni

2. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Congrats, Roni. That is a nice end to a tough week. Good for you. :)

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

That is great news!! Congrats!!

breeze

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Roni, I am very happy for you. Also, I am very sorry to hear about the stolen purse.

5. nj_newbie

nj_newbie Well-Known Member

Roni,

I am new here; but I live in NJ and also have DMV liens showing on TransUnion. I have disputed once with them, however, they come back verified. I never even knew the DMV surcharges were listed as liens on my credit report until January when I found this board and ordered my reports. Never once received a summons or complaint.

Any ideas on how to get mine off. By the way, they are only listed on TransUnion. I found out that TransUnion is the predominant CRA used for the state of NJ. Which explains why I feel it is my worst report.

Please help!!!

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

newcomer,
    The tax lien was placed on my credit report in 12/00. I paid the amount owed in 1/01. I pull my reports pretty often thank God. Did you pay the lien? It is much easier to get something removed once it is paid. I owed the surcharges obviously. I paid them when I found out. It was only listed on TU as well.

NJ doesnot do a good job of telling us that we owe them. If I had known that more money was owed, I would have paid the extra. It is such a small amount. Anyway my surcharges were $700 and I paid the balance pretty quick. Then I waited 3 months and then disputed the account as "not mine". It obviously worked.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Score Change?

I am also very interested in finding out how much my TU score will increase now that the DMV tax lien is gone.

My score was in the 625 range in the summer but dropped to a 560 with the tax lien placed. I wonder how much my score will change now that it is gone. Does anyone have any ideas or any experiences in this.

roni

8. scelda

scelda New Member

Re: Score Change?

Roni;

If the tax lien was first report dated inside of the last 12 months you should get between 50 to 100 points increase spread out over the first 3 months of the CRA confirm new report date.

I.E. 15 to 35 points for each month X 3 for the total score enhancement.

Scott

Occasionally with certain CRA's score models you will get the entire score enhancement the first month after new CRA report.

Scott

9. nj_newbie

nj_newbie Well-Known Member

newcomer,
    The tax lien was placed on my credit report in 12/00. I paid the amount owed in 1/01. I pull my reports pretty often thank God. Did you pay the lien? It is much easier to get something removed once it is paid. I owed the surcharges obviously. I paid them when I found out. It was only listed on TU as well.

Well it seems that there are 3 on my reports. The surcharge was $350 for three years 97, 98, 99. I took the monthly payment route but paid all three off in full.

I've tried the "not mine" solution. Came back verified. I am looking into contacting someone at our local Legal Aid Society because I was never served with the summons. I thought everyone had to get a summons to appear in court before a creditor can get a default judgment.

Any other suggestions.

NJGAL

10. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Congrats Roni!

I'm very happy that was taken care of.

I'm sooo sick of the BMV. I got a call from them the other day saying that the clerk forgot to swipe my card at the title office.

I knew she did but the charge hadn't shown up on my card yet. I only had holds the first day they called. Sure enough the charge showed up yesterday (our 10th wedding anniversary). I spent all morning on the phone. They are giving me the run around. They want me to pay again. The amounts don't match (off by six bucks). Their trying to collect the sales tax. the freakin six bucks is the title fee. DUH! She wanted me to go down their and wait two freakin hours in line and pay again. Accounting is calling me. Not the place I paid. Arghhh

Kelly