TD Waterhouse Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Mar 31, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

There was a thread here a couple of days ago talking about checking accounts. I just wanted to add a little information about the subject. Last May I was able to open a checking account with TD Waterhouse with one derogatory entry in my file with ChexSystems. The montly fee has been $6.95 but I've never had any problems with deposits, they give a Visa/ATM card and they offer free online bill payment (which is an extra $8 at most banks here where I live on top of the monthly account fee).

A couple of weeks ago I opened a Roth IRA account with them with a starting deposit of only $50 (they have no minimum to open an IRA account, so you could even depost less). TD Waterhouse waives the monthly fee for your checking account if you have any type of brokerage account with them (including IRA accounts). I noticed my monthly checking account fee posted on Friday, called them this morning and had the fee reversed. No more $6.95 a month for me.

Just wanted to share a positive experience with this bank. If you are looking for a good checking account and you have anything on file with Chex, you might want to give them a try.

As a side note, since my ChexSystems report is scheduled to clear in less than a year anyway, I decided to try my luck at disputing it to see if I could get the deletion early. I'll let everyone know when I hear back from them.

Dave

2. me

me Well-Known Member

Do you have to mail deposits to them or are there any brick and mortar places where you can deposit?

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I mail deposits or have them direct deposited. There is a brokerage branch in my city, but you cannot conduct banking transactions there.

4. Michael

Michael Guest

Too bad TD gives it's U.S. clients all the great service and shafts it's clientsat home in Canada.

Up here there is no Visa Debit Card offered. Merchants won't accept cheques so it's either C.C.'s, Cash or Debit Cards which all banks charge 60 cents to use per transaction on top of high monthly fees!

5. devine

devine Guest

any new reports on this bank.