tele # for Equifax disputes?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by cosjef, Jul 13, 2001.

1. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

I tried 1-800-685-1111, but I cannot get to a live person. Anybody got the correct number?

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

from a very recent online report -says "you may call 1-800-375-4989 to launch an investigation."

Is this what you need?

breeze

3. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

In my experience, and others have said it here as well, you should NEVER CALL to deal with the CRA's. Always send them letters, certified return receipt and follow up on the dates they have to finish their investigation. And NEVER give them more information than you have to - NEVER admit the negative. If you call you risk them tripping you up, leading you to say something. They record their calls. Beware.

4. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads-up. The call I made is pretty low priority--getting them to update 4 account balances before I go for mortgage underwriting. Its pretty low-priority stuff, so I figured it was OK.

Breeze--thanks for the number.

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

You're welcome :D

Was the other number disconnected or what? Just no answer? They are always changing their numbers anyway, LOL, but wondering if we should delete that one.

breeze

6. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

No, I just got caught in "voice-jail" and could not find an option to talk to a rep.