Telechex

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mimi, Apr 5, 2001.

1. mimi

mimi Guest

I tried to purchase something using a check and found out that I was flagged. I called the 800# and apparently they have a check in their system from back in 1997 for $5.

This can't be right. I mean 97...I knew nothing about this. Although it is possible that my ex wrote the check. What should I do?

2. 9879888

9879888 Guest

pay the check that is all you can do you will be there forever if not.

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

For $5? You're getting off cheap. Just pay it.

4. mimi

mimi Guest

I don't think they tacted on the charges. Besides, won't they put this on my credit report if I pay them?

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Nah, outfits like Telechex are seperate entities. They might send it to an agency to collect if you don't pay it, and THEN it will be on your credit report. Find out what it is and pay it. Small price to pay to be rid of an ex.

6. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Get this. I had my checking account flagged by Telecheck. I called and it was because of an old chargeoff account from a credit union (this is my only chargeoff, ever). I told Telecheck that this was not a check, and they responded "that doesn't matter". WTF! Anyway, I just started using my bank card instead. Junum recently removed all entries about that old account so maybe I can convince Telecheck to do the same.

Mike

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MIMI...Tell them you will pay the $5.00 CONDITIONAL on the removal of any negative information relating to the check (AS A ONE TIME COURTESY ON YOUR PART...)

8. mimi

mimi Guest

ok, and I say this ONLY if it's on my credit report...right??