Telephone # for Cross Country

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jmsaunar, Jun 19, 2000.

1. jmsaunar

jmsaunar Guest

I was wondering if anyone might have a telephone number to reach a live body at Cross Country Bank? I cannot find one on the website. I am not even a card holder of anyone associated with them and have been getting harrasing phone calls from them at work!!!! Today I received an "Unavailable" number, and when I told the girl that the person she was trying to reach the person was no longer here, she insisted that I give her a termination date. I told her that I was not HR and absolutely would not give her that information, to which she responded that she would continue to call until I did. I informed her that this was harrassment and happened to be illegal, and she HUNG UP on me!!!! I am APPALLED and would like to get a number to give to my security office if possible. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. spyguyjim

spyguyjim Guest

RE: Telephone # for Cross Coun

Someone posted this once before, not sure where it rings into, but you'll make them pay at least!

1-800-334-3180 ext 70500

3. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

I would "play along" with them the next time they call. It's unlikely to be the same person. Pretend to be cooperative, get their name, a telephone number, an address, their supervisor's name, whatever you can. Tell them you have to "Check with Dottie in HR about this", which will likely cause them to give up a phone number that a human (?) might actually answer.

Then take all of the information and go to your legal department and tell them to put a stop to it. Continuing to telephone someone in an annoying fashion when that person has indicated that they do not have, nor are willing to give them the information they are demanding is using the telephone make harrassing and annoying calls and this is a federal and most likely a state crime.

4. Bill

Bill Guest

Am I going to have a huge problem with these people at Cross Country Visa?
    I got a phone call from them saying I have been pre-approved for a credit card, that a $100 dollar one time processing fee would be applied to my bill, plus $50 a year to have use of the card. I said no thanks.But, having called me a a particularly bad time, and the persistance with which the lady was pushing the card down my throat, I made sure that I would be able to get out of it by calling them as soon as the card arrived and cancelling it, so that I wouldn't be obligated to pay for anything I didn't want.
    Now I'm fearful, having read these postings, that I'm going to be screwed. Especially since they had my name, address, telephone number and SS#. I asked where they got this info on me and they had no answer. Am I a total bonehead for saying yes in the first place? Thanks.

5. n/a

n/a Guest

the customer service # is 302-324-5484

6. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

Yes, you are a total bonehead, but there is hope.

When the hateful card arrives, cut it in half and return it to them along with a letter stating that you told the person person who you spoke to pressured you into getting it and that you have read the FULL cardholder agreement and find it objectionable (read the silly thing and find something you don't like, perhaps the interest rate, and cite that.) Point out that you are not activating the card and as far as you are concerned the account was never opened. Demand that all charges relating to the acquisition of the account be removed from the account and that it be closed and that they send you a letter stating so and that you have no balance on it.

Undoubtably they will try and stick you for the $100 processing fee. You might have a difficult time with that. If they start billing you, immediately start disputing it. Do not send them any money as they will interpret that as an admission that you actually want the card.

The other tack you can take is that you can deny that you ever acceeded to having a card, claiming that they must have talked to someone else, or you told the rep in no uncertain terms that you didn't want one, but they sent it anyhow. Since they seem to feel it's perfectly acceptable to lie to their customers, the banking regulators and the Government, feel free to lie to them.

7. jmsaunar

jmsaunar Guest

Thank you! I won't hesitate to bother them since they don't care if they bother me!

8. jmsaunar

jmsaunar Guest

thanks!

9. Bill

Bill Guest

Thanks J.Edgar. Good advice. I'll keep you posted on the status of this account and let eveybody know how much trouble it is. I learn something new every day.

P.S. funny thing. as I'm writing this note,
    Capitol One called with a wonderful credit offer.

10. Cammie

Cammie Guest

Hi I am an ASSOCIATE of CCB. Though I hope you have changed your mind about excepting the card, you can call us at anytime within 30 days of receiving your card to cancel without any further obligation. As with any bank you will hear complaints...unfortunately we are included. Decide for yourself..