Texaco

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sandra, Sep 21, 2000.

1. sandra

sandra Guest

I applied for Texaco online becuz after reading this board, I thought it was one of the "easier" to get. I have a 5 1/2 bankruptcy with no other derogatory information. I was declined because of the bankruptcy. Associates national bank (they issue the cards) told me they do not issue cards when there is a bankruptcy on the report. No matter what. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

2. greg

greg Guest

That is not true I had a bankruptcy 9 years age . Texaco gave me a card about 4 years ago also Amoco and shell

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I was turned down by associates/texaco too. I do not have a bankruptcy. They are strict I suppose.

4. Michael

Michael Guest

Gee, Greg maybe there criteria has changed?

5. Michael

Michael Guest

TRY SUNOCO

Call 1-800-2SUNOCO and apply on the phone

Very easy to get, only problem is they don't report.

If you want it to report write to the bureau and ask them to manualy do a one time input

6. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

RE: TRY Chevron

Try Chevron, www.chevron.com
    also they report to the CRA's

Good luck,

Reshod

7. sandra

sandra Guest

I called Sunoco and they have no locations in my state.
    Chevron declined me due to the bankruptcy also.
    Guess I'll just wait another 4 1/2 years until it drops off.
    Thanks all, for all of the suggestions though.

8. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Did Chevron offer you the credit builder card? You might want to call them and see if they will offer you this. It is worth the try.

Reshod

9. Michael

Michael Guest

The problem with the credit builder is the high fees that the card comes with.

Sunoco at least dosent charge a fee. And you can always get it inputed manualy into the C.B. reports

10. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Sorry to hear about Texaco. They offered me two cards preapproved, so I never had to apply cold. And while I've had a few credit problems, I never had to deal with their bankruptcy rule either.