TGIF Mail Call...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Hope, Sep 14, 2001.

1. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Not much interesting:

I got a $20 coupon with $100 purchase for my business with Office Depot. A letter from Target explaining that my account is too new to consider for a limit increase (just opened it in May 2001). They used internal systems and didn't pull an inquiry at all.

I got a Money Mailer pack of coupons. Gonna use one for the Chem-Dry carpet cleaning (scheduled for next Tuesday), a home delivery dry cleaner and 3 of my favorite carry-out/delivery restaurants, (Cajun, Italian and Chinese)

The phone was somewhat more productive. Today I called and got a 9 month BT rate of 6.9% from Citi AAdvantage Platinum (world select). I told them to send checks so come Oct 2001 I paying off in full the mortgage of BF's rental property....jerks (see previous Mail Calls for that story).

Sold 3 houses today (2 will close this month). Yeah, Mom needs a new pair of shoes!

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THAT IS WEIRD...I (WIFE) GOT $10.00 OFF $50.00...
    They must think it is easier for a business to buy $100.00...

3. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Still at work, but here's some of yesterday's:

Got a new Sears Premier card (upgrade-wasn't looking for this). Same sucky $450 limit.
    FNANB bill. Money Mailer coupons. Chinese restaurant menu.

Received three packages from UPS and FedEx - my fluffy mattress pad from Linens n Things and a replacement personal cooler strap, and two new coolers (need for football games).

Some idiot hand-addressed an envelope that contained some info for a car title loan (WTF??)

Still waiting for Citi USA and Generations Bank responses.

4. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Hope,

Try increase option after 4th month billing on Target account(should get $100.00/min every 120 days thereafter).

NEVER a hard inquiry,but my Mervyns card increases every 90 days($300.00 each time w/o a inquiry).

Has worked for me since 96(smile).

Sister Girl

5. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

Hmmmpphh!

I'm glad you're all getting mail. My patience is being tested I believe.

You may have read my story about my mail box getting knocked over by a City truck! Well, seems they aren't sure if the driver turned in a report, of course he wasn't working today for them to ask him.
    Then, they send it to another dept, who sends it to another dept etc.....blah, blah, blah.

I called the P.O and NO they will not deliver my mail. So for THREE WHOLE DAYS I've gotten NO mail!!! I know my husbands Orchard is in there too! They'll send it to a station for me to pick up every three days!!! Does that stink or what!!??

Well, maybe next week those ***** (I can think of so many names to call them but shouldn't print one of them!) will get the paperwork through the system and get their maintenance guys to fix my box!!!

Darn... there goes my weekend. I'm sorry but this has all together been a really sucky week. Too much going on and wishing I could do more to help, just feel really frustrated right now. Thanks for letting me vent!!

6. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

I think it's exponential, george. Because last month I got a coupon for $15 off a $75 purchase from them.

7. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

newstdt, so sorry about you rtroubles. I can only imagine that, if it were me I'd be out there this evening propping the box up with sand and rocks and scotch tape and spitballs!

Jeesh! No mail for 1-2 weeks!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

8. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

Ugh,
    I got my second round a disputes back from Junum from Experian and nothing. The first two disputes experian says were already investigated last time and the other one is that damn Risk Alt Management crappola from Ameritech with their damn duplicate accounts and it was verified again from Experian. So much for Junum doing a thing on that round with that CRA hopefully the other two will be better. Oh and can you believe I am only in the second round, I joined Junum back in March when Nave(Dave) joined and he is done with them:)
    I got some junkmail and a magazine and my hubby's paycheck:)

9. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Thanks Hope, you made me laugh!!

I think I'm going to try to prop it up today. I'm just afraid those idiot city guys will think it's fixed and not fix it RIGHT like they need to. I should know something (hopefully) by Monday. If not, the emails are going out to the Mayor and others...

Hell hath no fury like a woman not getting her mail...

10. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Well, I got a Delta Skymiles/MCI offer for local fone service for $31.95/month (sounds good - more investigation required) An ad from JCP with some really nice boots. That's about it.