Thank You Lizardking!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bgolden, Apr 20, 2001.

1. bgolden

bgolden Guest

I used your validation letter and i recieved a response from the company I sent it to saying that they have closed the account and nothing was being reported to my credit report. It was for me and my husband.

Thank You.
    Thank You.
    Thank You.

2. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Double Thanks

I also recently used the letter with an original creditor that began to send me billing/collection notices. For quick background, my ex has been using my information SSN, Place of employment, DOB, etc. to try and open credit accounts and has opened some successfully.

I received a response in which the creditor apologized, and advised me the account was totally noted in their system as "obtained by fraud" and my credit profile would be updated. I also added a small note to the letter, asking them to verify my signature against the one on file..worked great!

Thanks again!

3. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

Re: Double Thanks

Which letter did you use???

4. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Re: Double Thanks

I used LK's validation letter, and customized it for the original creditor rather than a collection agency. If you do a search using "validation" on this board and look for the first validation letter you will find it.