Thank you to the regulars!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Angel, Jan 31, 2001.

1. Angel

Angel Guest

I have been a silent observer on this board for nearly a year. I've found a lot of your information very valuable.

Today, I finally got up the nerve to call the retention dept. for my Aria account. (I've had the acct for 8 months) I explained that I didn't "really" want to close my account, however, I think 23.99APR is a little hard to swallow. She offered to lower my APR to 19.1% and also gave me a $1000 increase.

I would not have known this could be possible if not for the helpful souls on this site. Again, I thank you.

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Good work! I'm glad you were able to get the interest rate lowered. 23% is pretty outrageous!

3. Larry

Larry Guest

Congrats Angel !

4. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Angel,
    I'm curious to know, did you have any negatives (i.e. late pays, over-the-limits) in the last 8 months?

5. skip

skip Guest

Angel,I posted 3 or four months ago with the same thing you just did. I've had aria for 2 years and when i called they offered my the 19 % and i said i still want to cancel and they lowered to 16 and some change%

6. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Angel! It doesn't hurt to ask. The worst they can say is no, but as you now know, you can be pleasantly surprised. :)