Thanks Breeze

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mindylou, Jul 7, 2001.

1. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you . I just got approved for a BRANK NEW SHINY CITI AA ADVANTAGE and get this it has and intial credit line of 6,000.00 can't you see me grining from ear to ear its a long way from my CAP1 with 1800.00.

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Fantastic! Congratulations! <happy-dancing all over the board>

Actually, you can thank Roni, who no longer posts here. She is the one who figured out Citibank to start with, and it's because of her I got my AA Advantage card. I certainly wish she would come back. She helped a lot of people.

Citi is real nice to deal with, you will like them. :)

breeze

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

F.Y.I. Roni still visits, occasionally (UNDER-COVER)...

:)

SHE KNOWS WE MISS HER...I LEARNED A LOT FROM HER...EVEN THOUGH I HAVE HAD CREDIT CARDS SINCE 1978...

4. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

can anyone tell me what is lesson is here? Is there a special way to aquire a citi aa advantage easily?

Please share.

thanks

5. mindylou

Thank you Roni for passing on your knowledge to the board. As far as doing anything special I didn't just applied online and waited for the "you will recieve something in the mail in 7-10 days" when congratulations came up you have been approved for $6000.00 limit, I almost fell out of my chair when I seen it, thought I was seeing things so I printed the page and well then I sit there grinning from ear to ear.

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Apparently Citibank is in the "acquire new business" mode. There is no trick, if you meet their underwriting guidelines, they will give you a card.

You have to read the other thread:
    http://consumers.creditnet.com/stra...ad.php?s=&goto=newpost&threadid=10972&pgnum=1

hope this helps.

breeze

7. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

thanks breeze.

8. mindylou

Breeze when you say upgrade, upgrade to which card and how long should I wait to do that and ask to lower the apr got 16.9%?

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

As I understand it, you can upgrade as soon as you get the card. You can call and ask for the card you want, or automatic upgrades are here:

http://www.citibank.com/us/cards/cardserv/worldcard/

be sure you read all the terms and make sure it is a card you really want.

Wow!! 16.9% starting out!! That's great!! They like you. :)

I always use the card, get a nice line increase (they have rules about that) and then ask to have my rate lowered.

Others may have their own suggestions. There are lots of ways to get what you want. But using the card is crucial to all of them.

breeze

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Apparently Citibank is in the "acquire new business" mode.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVEN FOR A BAD CREDIT RISK LIKE ME?
    THEY DENIED ME WITH ONE OF THOSE "PRE-APPROVED" FORMS WITH STICKERS THAT HAS APPROVAL # AND AUTHORIZATION # ON IT...

:(

11. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

George, you are on some kind of blacklist, LOL. Have you tried for the Cobalt card yet? I wanna see if they turn you down too. ROFLMAO

breeze

12. mindylou

Breeze is the citibank AA card considered a prime card?

mindy

13. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

breeze you are too funny,, lol

Congrats Mindy, on your SHINY NEW CITI AA CARD!

Cyprigirl:)

14. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

yep! citi doesn't do subprime. :)

They want rebuilders apparently. 16.9% right off the bat is definitely prime. :)

breeze

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

They know I'm going to BK one of these years...PERFECT FOR ALL THESE YEARS SINCE 1978...

I can't apply...CAN'T TAKE THE CUT IN SPENDING POWER...$2,000 MAX????
    How would I buy anything the other 15 days of the month????

16. mindylou

HOORAY HOORAY my 1st prime card. Thanks Cyprigirl for the congrats. I vote Breeze president for the day.

mindy

17. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I second that vote:)

18. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Oh wow! thanks guys. I know how good I felt when I got mine. :D

breeze <bowing>