Thanks for the info!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Linda, Aug 17, 2000.

1. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

I just want to take a moment to thank you all for the information from these posts. I found this site a few months ago and it has helped me 2 ways.

1.) I transferred a high balance to a low "teaser" rate that has a lower fixed interest; and

2.) I bought a truck last nite and qualified for the low 5.9% interest from Ford Credit because I fixed a few items and got my FICO score to over 700. When the finance guy told me that I should buy the extended warranty to help me qualify I literally LAUGHED, and I do mean out loud. When he ran my credit check and mentioned a paid collection from FIVE years ago, i chuckled and told him I knew my FICO score. I qualified and was approved (I saw the approval on the screen from Ford Credit). Not only do I save on interest, I wasn't intimidated into buying a worthless warranty!! The best part of the deal is the finance guy was visible PISSED but I don't care cuz he lied about the warranty helping me qualify!!

Moral of the story: Information really is power.

2. Lanoro

Lanoro Guest

Great Story Linda and good for you. I hope you enjoy your new truck. Sooner or later I'll have a good story to share too.

Lanoro

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Great Linda! Again, its this information among everyone that beats down all other roadblocks.

The dealers know people know the invoice from the net. RETAILERS see people come in try on pants for $50 - LL BEAN for ex.

Don't buy them, go home 2 LLbean.com, and pay no sales tax. Makes a huge difference
    on those large items.

Thx for your thoughts.