Thanks for the instant increas

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Nov 13, 2000.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I don't remember who told me to call target and use the automated increase option last night in the chat room but, I called and received a $100 increase instantly. Thank you.

2. Creditinsi

Creditinsi Guest

RE: Thanks for the instant inc

Good job Molly! Now take care of that credit line, keeping it in good standing means higher credit lines and eventually better offers for major credit cards in the future.

Best of luck building your credit!

Regards,
    Alex.

---------------
    Free Credit Help!
    www.CreditInsiders.com

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

That was me!!!!!.

Glad it worked for you:)

4. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: That was me!!!!!.

Hey, Molly!

I don't know how long you have had the Target account, but I got mine in May with 2 or 3 mo. credit history, and I was approved for $200.

I did the automated thing in August, and they bumped it up $300, with the limit now at $500.

5. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I have had it since 5/99, I started with $200 and now it is $300. I am planning to close it in about six months so I really don't care. When I moved out of my ex boyfirends house around the time I got the card I used it a lot. Especially when I didn't have money to pay for basics (ie shampoo, tp, you know). But I don't need it anymore, I just want the limit to be increased to make it look betterwhen I close it. Besides the target store is about 20 minutes away. And I do have bad credit so that is a factor with the increases, i have seen periodic inquires from target over the past year.

6. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I forgot, how often can you increase the limit, that way??????

7. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Hmm. Not sure, but would guess every 3 months!

8. mj

mj Well-Known Member

RE: Thanks for the instant inc

Molly-

Target is part of Dayton Hudson - and they will really do well by you over time. I've had a Marshall Fields (1988) and Target (1991) account - they will increase your limits to astronomical heights (I think my Target line is something like $8000).

BUT.... I also noticed that (as of late) they aren't reporting limits- at least not on Experian or TransUnion. This is a change from the past- so you may want to call them to ensure they report the limits. Otherwise, there's no point to having the card, especially at 21%.