Thanks Marie!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Sally, Mar 1, 2001.

1. Sally

Sally Guest

Hi Everyone:

I just wanted to say thanks to Marie. Re: Providian Credit Line Increase. I called retention today and they gave me $1000.00 increase and lowered my interest rate from 23.99% to 16.99%. I did exactly what you told me to do. It really works! Thanks so much..........

2. S.D.

S.D. Guest

I've had the Providian Gold card since 11/00. I guess I'm up for a limit increase sometime this month or next month... this will be my first increase. Should I call and ask retention for an increase soon or should I wait until I get an offer and then call retention? I'm not planning on paying the fee for the increase. Any suggestions?

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

You're welcome!!! :)

Sally: next month call up and try for the annual fee rebate :)

SD: no, you haven't had it long enough for a line increase. They won't even try to process one: the computer will not take it and there are no manual reviews yet. You'll have to wait for 4 full billing cycles: close of your April statement. You can call up on the pretense of a line increase and go for an interest rate reduction/ annual fee rebate, though. :) Getting either a decrease in interest rate or a rebate of annual fee won't affect you line increase process at all.