The 90 day rule?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Nevo, Jan 29, 2001.

1. Nevo

Nevo Guest

It seems to be common 'wisdom' here that disputes should be spaced 90 days apart.

Does this go for successful disputes as well? I just got one deletion from Trans Union. Do I wait 90 days for the next dispute, or do it now?

Thanks,

-Nevo

2. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Based on info I received recently, they shred all previous correspondance (at least Equifax does.) I never wait. I'm usually hammering out another dispute when my updated report comes in the mail. You have to keep after these people to get results. I even found phone calls sometimes get better results with less frustration. Good Luck

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Junum did my first round disputes for me in November. The second round in January. About 70 days between disputes. If anyone has any idea where the "suggested" 90 day interval comes from, I would sure be interested in knowing about it.

4. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Jim, It takes CRA's 45 days + to even acknowlege a dispute. If we waited 70 days between, all our negatives would be gone by the time they got around to correcting them. I did 3 separate disputes this month alone on my CR, but then, how important is a correct name and address anyways? I finally called them this morning and got them to correct and confirm over the phone. How hard was that? Sorry to sound so snippy, I've just about had it with this credit crap. Too bad the world revolves around it!!! I personally like cash alot better.

5. John S

John S Guest

> Jim, It takes CRA's 45 days + to even acknowlege a dispute.

They are bound by the Fair Credit Reporting Act to respond to your dispute, either by verifying it or by deleting it, within 30 days. That's the law. Out of the 50-60 disputes I've done in the last 2.5 years, I've only had a couple that went over 30 days.

And I've never spaced anything apart by a specific number of days. If it's inaccurate data, it's inaccurate, and they've got to investigate it and delete it.

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I know I confused you and Jami

with my answer. But I don't know how I did it so let me clarify:

In November, Junum disputed 21 items on my credit report. By January, (70) days later, 10 of the 21 disputed items were deleted and a second mailing of disputes were sent to the 3 CRA's.

In March, I expect to know what was deleted from the disputes mailed in January. Additional disputes will be mailed in March.

I hope this helped. I still do not know the logic behind waiting 90 days to dispute again. If anyone does, please let me know.

7. Coala

Coala Guest

RE: I know I confused you and

OK, can anyone share with me who or whar is Junum please? Im in need of credit repair beucase I want to buy a house.
    Thanks a lot!

8. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

What they are bound by and what they do are two different things. My husband finally had an item updated and a duplicate removed 2.5 years after I first disputed. It took them that long to even contact the creditor because I finally treatened FTC. 3 weeks later it was done. If its in thier files, its good as verified. My dispute file on this one item is over 1" thick. So much for the 30 day rule.

9. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

www.junum.com

Do a Junum search on the board here to learn more. Not everybody liked them but I have had good luck so far.

10. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

And I've never spaced anything apart by a specific number of days. If it's inaccurate data, it's inaccurate, and they've got to investigate it and delete it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Right 30days is 30 days

11. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

sue them and collect damages

Jamie wrote:
    -------------------------------
    What they are bound by and what they do are two different things. My husband finally had an item updated and a duplicate removed 2.5 years after I first disputed. It took them that long to even contact the creditor because I finally treatened FTC. 3 weeks later it was done. If its in thier files, its good as verified. My dispute file on this one item is over 1" thick. So much for the 30 day rule.