The Associates Just Lost Me As

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Jan 22, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Recap:

Wallet was stolen 2 days before Xman. Fraudulant charges were made on my Washington Mutual secured card that is through the Associates of Delaware. Card was reported stole via Am/Ex (I have credit card protection and they called all my cards on my behalf and canceled and reordered, etc.). Xmas eve I get a call from the Associates, no one ever reported the card stolen! The Associates called regarding recent activity on the card (authorized 4 times at a gas station). I explained the situation and they said that they would take care of it. Meanwhile I called Am/Ex to get up their butts and they gave me the number and name of the person they spoke to at the Associates. I called the number and spoke w/ the person and they did verify that Am/Ex called. Alrightythen?!?! Meanwile no card was sent? Then I get another phone call regarding recent activity on my account. Explained to the rep that my card was stolen, etc. and he said that they would handle and that a new card would be issued. Then I called on 1/16 wanting to know where to send payment, what account number, etc. (no bill was sent) and the rep stated that a new bill w/ new account, etc. was coming to my addres and not to worry about payment and that any late fees, etc. would be reversed. Then he transfered me to the fraud dept. They confirmed what the previous rep told me. I asked for my new acct. number and they said that they couldn't give it to me (for security reasons) and that I should be getting a statement in the mail any day. Also stated that I would NOT recieve a new card until the fraudulent charges were investigated and credited back to my account (computers cannot issue a card when the account is over the limit...my account was over the limit due to the faud). They stated that this could take 60-90 days! Whatever!

So now the Associates calls me here AT WORK wondering where their $15 payment is! I was HOT at this point....told the rep the WHOLE story and she had NO RECORD OF NOTHING...no record that I called, spot w/ rep and fraud dept. on 1/16, NOTHING! Then she puts me on hold for 15 MINUTES and comes back and states that she sees where I contacted them on 1/16 but doesn't see anything about what we talked about. I explained to her and she acted like I was making this all up! I then got frustrated and asked her what the balance was and she stated $298.43 (limit is $300). She stated that 1 charge was credited but none of the others. I told her that I wanted to close my account IMMEDIATELY! Did a check over the phone for the full amount and after that, she didn't even transfer me to no retention dept. or anything......just closed! Stupid! Oh well.....I'll get it all sorted out soon enough but in the meanwhile, I don't have time to be on the phone all day w/ idiots who clearly don't have their act together! So, I'll call back in a minute and speak w/ a supervisor and make sure that my deposit of $300 PLUS all fraudulent charges be mailed to me (since I paid the full balance). My balance before all this happend was $120. Now I need to explore the possibility of finding another secured card. Struck out w/ Cap1 (wanted $199 for $200 limit....I declined) and Chase (I guess their program is for people w/ NO credit...not bad credit). Bank One (aka First USA) is the anti-Christ, and I don't want to enter the subprime market with Orchard, FCNB, etc. I'm already in there w/ Providian and that's bad enough. Any suggestions? Sorry so long...

2. My Evil Tw

My Evil Tw Guest

RE: The Associates Just Lost M

So sorry MP, I think god put morons on this earth just to tick you and me off. I'm not having a good day either.....yer darned if ya do and darned if ya don't. Cheer up, it could be worse...I think

3. river

river Well-Known Member

MP$40,you are in subprime,like myself,and for the time being,we must live with the reality of the fact.So,if I were you,I would give some serious thought to applying for secure card with FCNB.I think that they are less conspicious than Cap1 and Providian when it comes to people recogizing a secure card by name or looks(refering to t.v. commericals and ads)and their CS is prompt and card doesn't look that subprime.Plus they are the carriers of Eddie Buers and Spegel(big deal,I know),but they will unsecure and give increases if payments are prompt.Give it some saerios thought.I am really happy with them,anything to say away from Cap1 and Providian,everyone and their mama knows these are definitely subprime.

4. Cadillac408

Thanks for the advice River. I will definately take that into consideration.

I really wanted a secured card w/ a prime bank (i.e. Chase) but when they rejected me, I was dumfounded! That was plan B! On to plan C (whatever that is).

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

That is exactly why I cancelled my JC Penny secured card with Associates. They did not impress me one bit. They called me at work and I nearly bit the girls head off. She was asking me the dumbest stuff. You see, I opened to secured accounts in April. I got a JCpenney and a Washington Mutual. I decided to cancel one of them, the Washington Mutual and keep the JC PEnney. They had not deposited the money yet. So they got sneaky and tried to cash both checks. I put a stop payment on one of them while they were stalling me with the BS. Anyway, she calls me and tells me I owe her the money for the check because I put a stop payment on the check. AINT THAT PURE DUMBNESS! After I told her how stupid she was and how much of my time she had wasted and because she was so dumb she could cancel the other accounts as well, I felt much better.

roni

6. Cadillac408

That's great! I wanted to chew the lady's head off that called me this morning but didn't.....people around here at work are TOO NOSEY!!!! Always trying to be all up in my business. So I just spoke to her quietly in a nice tone.

Anyways.....I've figured out plan C and that is to go back to my credit union once I figure out what report they pulled and what derogatory info they were concerned about and see if they will issue me a secured card. I think the judgment might of scared them off? I'll find out...

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I get away with yelling with people at work. They expect us to act all crazy and stressed out. LOL

roni

8. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

God apparently was looking out for me too when he put the morons on the earth!

My Evil Twin/ aka Jamie wrote:
    -------------------------------
    So sorry MP, I think god put morons on this earth just to tick you and me off.