The best post ever -- reposted

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Oct 6, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

As a service to our board newbies:

This is what I consider to be the best post ever. It was written by the legendary "Customer Service", and reposted by Steven Z. It was brought in response to one Gwenly Billingsley, who simply posted a message on a board. The message contained only 3 words: "repair my credit". Enjoy! --Saar

=============================================
    Posted by Customer Service on January 03, 19100 at 20:35:14:

In Reply to: settle debt posted by Gwenly Billingsley on January 03, 19100 at 17:50:21:

To: Gwenly Billingsley
    Re: Credit repair

Miss Billingsley,

Here at the Credit Card Bulletin Board we have several credit repair programs for you to choose from. After submitting your credit reports, our huge staff of credit repair analysts here at Credit Card Bulletin Board World Headquarters will evaluate your difficulties and formulate a dynamic action plan to liberate you from the oppressive clutches of the Credit Bureaus and your exploitative creditors. Our enormous legal staff will then spring into action implementing the dynamic action plan: battling the credit bureaus; threatening, cajoling and harrassing your creditors; filing and litigating lawsuits on your behalf; and if necessary lobbying congress for special legislation exempting you and only you from paying your bills at all-thus rendering your credit report moot. All at absolutely no charge to yourself. You may be asking yourself, why does the Credit Card Bulletin Board do it, why do they offer so much more than other Bulletin Boards- which, after all, are only places for people to post messages, hence the name "Bulletin Board". Because Gwenly, you are our Genius Award winner. We sift through the literally gazillions of requests for our help in order to discover the very few that evidence an exceptionally perceptive and penetrating intelligence. And your request Gwenly, "repair my credit", was so powerful in its misleading simplicity, so moving in its clever lack of punctuation, so intellectually overwhelming- that we bestow upon you our Genius Award. Congratulations Gwenly!

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Truly great!

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

LOL !!!

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

what happened to Stephen Z????

5. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Why would that be 'the best' post ever? It sure seems kinda cruel to me. Especially as an answer to a first time posters' post.

I'm all for humor, but that one might be a little much.

...just my 2 cents...

Shawn

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Note the phrase "what I consider..."

I think that's the same as "in my opinion."

Now IMO It was a beautiful piece of satire, and in the situation described, it wasn't cruel, it was invited.

7. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Shawn,

The way I read it is this....
    This person e-mails this firm with the statement "repair my credit" in the body of the e-mail. Nothing else, no punctuation, no nothing. Another person reads this and posts it on a board. As far as I read into it, this was not a 1st time poster at all. Hope this helps to clarify. :)

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

The way I read it, the person found a public message board, thought it was a credit repair company, and posted "repair my credit." And that was the response.

I post on several boards and it happens a lot - people think it is their credit card company or their bank, and post messages, like, "can I transfer my balance from xxx company to you?" I have been known to answer "well I would, but, I don't even know you." I have even seen people post their name address phone number and account numbers. It's hard to believe that anyone could be that dumb and even know how to turn the computer on.

However, I will say, I usually email the person and explain what happened, and offer to help them locate their company's website. I have never had even one of them respond.

If they are that inexperienced with the internet, they probably can't even find the board again to see the answers people post.