The Boobs at First USA are at

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by J. Edgar, Jul 14, 2000.

1. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

To recap: On May 23, 2000 I sent FirstUSA two separate letters, requesting the closure of credit card accounts and requesting the standard account closure letter from them.

I heard nothing from them for several weeks and they continued to fill my mail box with convenience checks. Three weeks later they raised the limit on one of the cards I cancelled by $1000.

Today I received a letter from them dated 7 July 2000 acknowledging the closure of the other account. Gee, that only took 6+ weeks.

The proverbial icing on the cake was finding among the mail yet another set of convenience checks for the account they acknowledged as closed that was sent out AFTER 7 July. Can you say "deceptive trade practice?" Sure you can....

I did not receive a similar letter regarding the account I got the credit increase for though. I didn't get any more convenience checks for this account though.

I really think these people are totally disorganized and don't have a clue what they are doing.