The Credit Store Part 2

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Apr 12, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I sent a validation letter to "The Credit Store" a few weeks ago and got an interesting response in the mail today:

"Dear Customer,

As you requested and in accordance with the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act ("FDCPA"), Section 1692c, we are terminating all communication with you regarding the above referenced account."

The interesting thing was I NEVER asked them to terminate communication, I asked them for validation.

Do you guys think I should mail them back telling them this? If they really can't validate it, I don't want them just selling the account to someone else and starting the whole thing over again. I want them to kill it off for good.

2. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I think you should write them again (of course return recipt) and explain that you did not request them to cease communication; you asked them to validate the debt. I think they are up to something. They probably placed the letter sent to you in a file. They may try to legally say that this is what you requested and when they mailed out the letter, you did not respond. It could be an accident that they generated the wrong letter, but I would protect myself by writing back to them and once again state what you are requesting. Good luck to you!