The Credit Store

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Apr 10, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I have been getting mailings for the last few months from an outfit called "The Credit Store" about an amount owed from a Visa that was charged off a long time ago. They are trying to get me to let them open a "Bank of Hoven" credit card with them and allow them to transfer the charged off balance to the new card. Ha! On the back of the mailing there is a disclaimer saying they think the debt is too old to sue for, but that you agree when they transfer the balance to the new card they can sue to recover any losses.

They don't show on my credit reports, but I thought I'd send them the validation letter a couple of weeks ago just to have a little fun and see what the letter could do. Since they don't show on my reports, I figured I could safely screw with them while Lexington was working on my credit.

Well, the ignored the validation letter and sent me another solitication for their "Bank of Hoven" card. Now I get to have more fun! I mailed them a letter demanding payment of the $1,000 FDCPA fine and threatening to sue them.

This whole situation is kind of a cool non-stressful way for me to play with this validation stuff. I'll let everyone know what happens.

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Yep -- Citibank is the critter alright.

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

DaveLV,
    I got a couple of letters from Credite Store and they tried to collect money from my previous charge-off from Citibank long time ago. They haven't showed up in any of my credit report. They offer me to settle with them by getting unsecured credit card and they transfer money from unsecured card to pay them off. Of course, I teared it off and dump into the trash. If you don't want to pay them anything,you don't have do anything like me. They couldn't anything on the debt over seven years. By the way, they stopped sending me any collection letters because I didn't respond them. They figured that I just ignored them. Right now, I got back all my credit cards from Citibank again.

Ron

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Interesting. I figured I'd have to kiss-off any chance of having a Citibank card. Did you ever have to pay Citi any of what you owed them?

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

That's why I was interested in the Shell card from Associates when I got the pre-approval letter yesterday. I think Associates is part of Citigroup now.

By the way, I did call them and accept the card.

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

DaveLV,
    I never paid them back to either Citibank or Credit Store and I owe them about $10,000. I never paid them even a cent to either one of them and I don't want my credit report to show up any settlememnt account and it is bad for getting credit. Now I got all my Citibank cards back and AT&T Universal card and it is too bad I couldn't get my favorite Choice Visa card. They don't have any more. I tis interesting somehow my name came off from the blackist.

Ron.

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

lizardking,
    You may not even get AT&T Universal card because when I applied for AT&T Universal Card. I called back to check the status of the application and their credit dept first asked me how much I owe on my Citibank cards and how many did Citibankcards did I have? By the way the envelope of the statememnt and the account on-line access look similar with each other. I don't know their internal records link withe each other. You may try to apply and all they do they will denied or approve you.

Ron.