The ideal credit card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by steve, Nov 12, 2001.

1. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I think it should have the following features:

Great customer service

No annual fee

0% intro rate (1 yr.)

9.99% fixed rate for purchases, BT, and cash advances with no fees.

30 day grace period for everything including BT and cash advances.

Free airline and merchandise rewards program (no expiration dates)

A Minimum CL of $5,000

Any other suggestions ???

2. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Is there such a credit card that has a 30 day grace period? The most I've seen is 25 days, and more of them are going to the 20 days, which sucks.

3. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Yeah most cards have a grace period of 20-25 days, but by the time you get the statement in the mail 5-7 days would have passed after the closing date. I don't know why it takes so long to get my statements after the closing dates. I don't think it's snail mail because after I send in a payment, it usually posts two or three days later.

I thought about paying online, but I'm worried about security.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

https....the (s) is security...look for it...
    I don't WORRY about it...

5. steve

steve Well-Known Member

The security is good on the 128 bit SSL sites, but I still think they are not 100% secure because one of my accounts was hacked by someone in Europe some time ago. Coincidentally, it was also the only account that I registered on the web. So I guess I'll have to stick with snail mail.

6. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

I guess some people have better luck than others. I've been doing online banking etc with 6 accounts for a year and a half now and I've had great luck. I just feel it's much easier to track your spending all in one spot and you know your bills will be paid on time with the online bill pay.

7. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I think the ideal card should have the following features:

Customer service should be renamed "Customer Satisfaction Department" or maybe The "What is it WE can do for YOU?" Department.

They pay me (or my favorite charity) $49 per year fees for allowing me to use their card + getting those damn ADS with my bill...no money paid to me if I want NO ads with my bill.

0% intro rate (1 yr.)

Prime rate for purchases, BT, and cash advances with no fees. I can also opt to have PRIME+X% where the X% goes my favorite charity.

30 day grace period for everything including BT and cash advances.

Free airline, merchandise or dividend rewards program (no expiration dates)

A Minimum CL of $5,000 or 10% of my yearly salary which ever is greater.

Over the limit fees only charged if you stay over the limit for more than 1 complete billing cycle.

$10 Late charge for any payment posted more than 5 business days after due date. $20 fee for payments posted more than 10 business days after due date.

NO solicitation calls only pre-approved MAILED offers that will require NO credit check and are only made if they are at least the level of card you have or greater.

Periodic NO CREDIT CHECK Account reviews to increase limits based on my history not my credit report.

If I get to choose whats ideal, well...that's a card I could live with but as Dennis Miller says ... maybe that's just me babe.

-Peace, Dave

Oh yeah and you get to choose from several really super cool designs for the way I want my card to look.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CREDIT LIMIT BASED ON OTHER CREDIT CARDS...if your "LOWEST" credit limit is $9,000 a new account can't offer you lower than 90%~~~$8,100...

Illegal to "PULL" a credit report to decide on an increase...must use past 6 months payment and purchase history with that card...

PRIME X 2 = MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE INTEREST ON ANY CARD.

9. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

No late fee if payment is made during the month it was due!
    No rate increase as long as you haven.t defaulted on the account.

10. lbrown59

Overlimit fees should be banned.
    Why should I be charged a fee for doing them a favor?
    The late charges you suggest are unreasonable.
    There should not be any late charge for any paymet made during the month it was due!
    Another problem with your suggestion about late payment fees is you're basing it on date posted.
    No late payment penality should ever be based on a date that is compleatly under the control of the creditor.

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE...OVER-LIMIT FEES WERE NEVER CHARGED IN THE 70'S OR 80'S ON MY ACCOUNTS...somebody must have been looking for ways to "MILK" the customer's for more money...

12. romanduv

romanduv Well-Known Member

I has to be accepted everywhere, which means Discover and AMEX can't be counted here...

13. lbrown59

Milk bilk slick as silk: