The Maids in NJ; bogus collections

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dcj120, Sep 9, 2003.

1. dcj120

dcj120 Member

We brought a house in NJ while living in PA in 2000. After closing we paid The Maids to clean the house before we got to NJ for a set fee. When we got to NJ the cleaning was worthless;we had to do it ourselves. We asked the credit card not to pay them. LONG STORY SHORT they sued us for theft of services and filed in court. Because of our hetic work schedule with two new jobs we could not go to court, we went on and paid them through the local sheriff department. Now it is showing up her account as a collection/judgement. How do we dispute and remove from her report. How did they get her SS# to post on her credit report under public records. The bottom line is we paid $241 for a house cleaning that was not done and now this is showing up on her credit report.

2. tryinhard

tryinhard Well-Known Member

Original poster: "How did they get her SS# to post on her credit report under public records."
    <bump>, I would like to know that answer too.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CRA---->"NOT MINE"

4. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Name and address match with the CRA's.

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

The Maids in NJ; bogus collections
    We brought a house in NJ while living in PA in 2000. After closing we paid The Maids to clean the house before we got to NJ for a set fee. When we got to NJ the cleaning was worthless;we had to do it ourselves. We asked the credit card not to pay them.
    1*LONG STORY SHORT they sued us for theft of services and filed in court. Because of our hetic work schedule with two new jobs we could not go to court, we went on and paid them through the local sheriff department.
    2*Now it is showing up her account as a collection/judgement. How do we dispute and remove from her report. How did they get her SS# to post on her credit report under public records.
    3*The bottom line is we paid $241 for a house cleaning that was not done and now this is showing up on her credit report.
    dcj120
    =====================
    1*Bad bad bad Mistake.
    2*I guess 10 years of this is better then taking off from work right.
    3*What Can I say you were offered your day in court but you chose to blow it .

**********Bet if you ever get sued again you will get to the court come H or High water won't you?
    If anybody hates defaults judgments its me but when one ignores appearing in court intentionally it hard to stand in their defense.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''
    http://teamhouse.tni.net/Misc/bestphotos2003/bestphotos.htm

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''