The Monk Files (I) an introduction

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by monk, Jul 4, 2001.

1. monk

monk Active Member

I have learned a few things on this board, and a few things from past experience, from books and here and there on the subject of credit repair. I am now preparing to clear up my credit report, and I plan to run various aspects of my report and questions regarding the process by this board in hopes of sparking some discussion and/or debate on the subject. I will then report back on my actions and their results in hopes that the experience will be worthwhile to other readers.

I will begin by listing a summary of my triple merged report in the remainder of this message, which can then easily be referred back to by anyone who wishes to participate. In the next thread, I will summarize my initial thoughts on the best course of action to clear up the report, and ask for reader feedback/discussion. Subsequent threads might probe more deeply into the details of particular elements of the strategy, etc.

All threads in this group will be easily identifiable by their subjects, which will always contain the words â??Monk Filesâ?? for ease of searching.

And now, on with the experimentâ?¦

Following is a brief summary of my triple merged report.

20 Total accounts negatively reported as follows, fico of 606,

Agency I
    • 3 parking tickets in collections, each is 2-3 years old, each is paid, last activity is 6 months ago
    • 4 miscellaneous accts including a duplicate, all paid, ranging from 6 years to 6.75 years old, last activity from 1 to 2 years ago.
    • 1 misc collection, mis-reported as unpaid/checked, 6 years old, last activity 1 year ago
    • 1 current medical lab bill in collections due to billing error, very minor, unpaid
    • 1 current credit card, transactions posted after the account was closed causing a negative after several years of positive reporting
    Agency II
    • 10 parking tickets in collections, each is paid, 1-6 years old, 6-14 months last activity
    • 1 recent collection showing unpaid, though the original creditor (phone company) was paid in full, for which I have a cancelled check
    • 1 misc collection that is 6+ years old, paid, last activity 13 months ago
    • 1 current credit card, transactions posted after the account was closed causing a negative after several years of positive reporting

Agency III
    • 8 parking tickets in collections, all paid, 3-7 years old, last updates 1-3 years ago
    • 3 misc collections, all paid, 6+ years old, last activity 13 months ago
    I hope this proves an interesting experiment, and I appreciate any constructive input. I will post my initial thoughts and current ideas for a general plan of attack in the next thread. Subject will be â??The Monk Files(II) initial strategy