The REASON for credit scoring

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PsychDoc, Nov 3, 2001.

1. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

your friend is either lying to you or is gullible.
    Mecro
    ===========
    I would say gullible.
    Insurers and lenders don't want their employees to know too much.

2. alent1234

alent1234 Well-Known Member

This is who the creditors are afraid of.

http://www.savekaryn.com/

People who max out their cards charging up junk and then are at a risk of default or BK.

3. lbrown59

1*CHOD and other forms of credit repair only work because they are done on a very small scale. That is why the FICO model is popular.

2*If things that are talked about here were done on a huge scale, then creditors would tighten the purse strings since they would be exposing themselves to more risk from a lack of a good model to predict BK and charge off's.
    alent1234
    =================
    1*Do you realize the implications of this statement?
    The statement is correct but why is it correct?

2*FICO is the lack of a good model.
    Truth be known Fico is probably costing creditors more than no scoring method at all would cost them.
    BUDGET HOMES CO.

4. jambe

jambe Well-Known Member

But it sure makes the CRA's a small fortune :eek:)

5. oz

oz Well-Known Member

I think savekaryun is bloody scam the site is done by a pro and every link is making her money
    snip
    This is who the creditors are afraid of.

http://www.scanbykaryn.con/

People who max out their cards charging up junk and then are at a risk of default or BK.
    snip
    The banks ect make fortune out of bad debt it allows them to charge the high interest rates.
    They know the numbers before they give you credit and they know how much they will lose and jack up the fees accordingly
    If it were as bad as the banks have people think it was the banks would just tighten up the credit..
    Just to prove this theory hen there was talk of BK reform the banks went on a huge marketing campaign to hook as many folks they could under the old regulations.
    Banks love folks who max out the cards.. more interest is made than debts are written off.
    When a bank writes of a debt they get a tax break ..
    WE have to PAY taxes on the write off if settled.
    And I would bet that one of the reasons the FTC makes the banks kill accounts after 180 days is because banks would just hold on to debt until they needed some tax relief

6. lbrown59

If it were as bad as the banks have people think it was the banks would just tighten up the credit..
    oz |
    ===============
    It's not hard to see Fico is not for the purpose of measuring credit worth.

7. lbrown59

oz |
    ===============
    It's not hard to see Fico is not for the purpose of measuring credit worth.

8. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

I was rummaging in the creditnet basement and ran across a few memorable threads.

This place used to have some really great discussions, ya know?

9. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Quixote,

I haven't gotten a Straight Talk notice for a subscribed thread in years. I have to laugh, I clicked the link and I'm still logged in via cookie, even though its been a long while.

And which thread does it take me to, the one where I finally told lbrown what I thought of him.

I actually did put him on ignore after my post and missed all of his compelling responses, which even after all this time dredge up my feelings for him.

10. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Re: Re: The REASON for credit scoring

It sure did. jenz and I tried to get things going again a while back, but I'm in school as well as working and jenz got a new job.

If a few of us would start posting again maybe we could get some life back here.

I see flyingifr is back. lbrown59 only comes in occasionally, probably on a thread he's subscribed. He haunts some tractor boards now. GEORGE has moved on, too.

11. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Re: Re: The REASON for credit scoring

I had forgotten this, too. Pat, you made me go back and read this just to see where someone told lb off!!

And I'm supposed to be writing two papers for school. I'd better get back to work. Thanks for the memories!

12. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: The REASON for credit s

Ultimately, until or unless the management decides to upgrade their software and banwidth, this boards will always be at a competitive disadvantage. I know others have offered to buy the board and hey have refused the offers. It seems to me that they long ago took this board off their radar. A damn shame.

And Pat, that was good to see lb getting his again...

13. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: The REASON for credit s

It is true that this board is slow. But lately some of the others have been, too.

I sure wish someone would care. At least when I notified the moderator of something last week it got removed, so they must do at least minimal monitoring.