The start of my journey... (long)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by connorw, Sep 15, 2003.

1. connorw

connorw Well-Known Member

Sorry for the legnth of this, but it is after all the start of my journey...

I've been reading this site for about a week and love it, lots of great information.

My tale and a few questions on "procedures":

Trying to get a mortage, got a triple pulled and noticed some worng stuff on my credit reports from the big three. I wrote each of the big three (not certified/RR) with a request for my credit report with a copy of my pay stub with name/addedress/SSN and and electric/gas bill with name/address and this is what I received:

TU
    ==
    Cingulur Wireless Open account
    Profit and loss writeoff Utility Company
    Updated 08/2001 Balance xxx Individual Account
    Opened 03/1998 Most owed xxx
    Closed 12/1999 Past due xxx
    Status as of 12/1999: Charged off as bad debt

CBC National Open account
    Placed for Collection
    Updated 04/2003 Balance xxx Individual Account
    Placed 06/2002 Most owed xxx Bellsouth N Florida
    Past due xxx
    Status as of 04/2003: Collection account

Anderson Financial Netwo Open account
    Placed for collection
    Updated 07/2002 Balance xxx Individual Account
    Placed 06/2002 Most owed xxx Cingular
    Status as of 07/2002: Collection account

NCO Financial Open account
    Placed for collection
    Updated 08/2001 Balance xxx Individual Account
    Placed 10/2000 Most owed xxx NCO Bellsouth FLA Resintia
    Past due xxx
    Status as of 08/2001: Collection account

NCO Financial Open account
    Placed for collection
    Updated 06/2001 Balance xxx Individual Account
    Placed 08/2000 Most owed xxx NCO Sprint/
    Past due xxx
    Status as of 06/2001: Collection account

Experian
    =======
    Same CBC National as TU
    Same Anderson Financial as TU

Equifraud
    =======
    No response.

Inovus
    =====
    Also got one from them with Anderson Financial/AFNI

I disputed and requested validation from TU and Experian. TU removed all but the CBC National and Anderson Financial (aka AFNI) and said that they had been validated by the CA. Experian sent back that CBC National and Andesrson Finantial/AFNI validated.

I spoke with TU and was told that Cingular asked for the item to be removed because they could not validate the account. I sent a letter to Cingular asking for clarification, sent certified/RR. They got it 9/12 and I got the RR today, 9/15.

I've faxed Equifax (9/5 and 9/8) twice since the inital letter and spoken with them (9/5 twice, 2nd time to get their fax number) twice to see if they got my initial letter. I received a letter back from them 9/8 (dated 9/4) stating that the info I provided them was not good enough and provided a list of "acceptable id/proof of address". My initial letter contained this. I sent them a the first fax as a duplicate of the initial letter. The second fax contained the initial letter and fax. I'll be sending out another letter tomorrow 9/16 certified/RR with the revious letter and faxes. I have confirmation from my fax machine that the faxes where sent, the number dialed and the number of pages and the date/time.

Tomorrow I will send out the reverification letters to TU and Experian, the dispute/verifiaction to Inovus and a new letter to Equifax.

The Cingular account was paid via money order in April 2000.Sprint was taken care of, have proof of letters sent, no response.The Bellsouth I think is the same as the Cingular, since BellSouth Mobility became Cingular. I paid my Bellsouth phone bill, and besides it's on my ex-wifes credit report so she says (it was in her name anyway).

Questions:

( 1 ) Cingular was charged off 12/99, which is actually before I closed out the account when I moved. Later paid, but who knows how they applied it. Does this mean that Anderson Financial/AFNI can't be collecting on it anyway?

( 2 ) Since Cngular, the "OC" has removed it for validation reasons (final clarification should arrive soon from Cingular), doesn't Anderson Financial/AFNI have to be informed and remove it?

( 3 ) Should I contact the CAs involved for verification at the same time I am verifying/disputing the debts with the CRAs?

I'm planning on taking this to court. It cost me a 180000 mortgage because of the BS reports. Does this count as a "damage"? I'm sure it's also cost me a few credit cards over the years.

Any advice on Equifax would be appreciated, as would any other advice in general.

I've gotten great ideas so far thanks to the posts here.

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I can tell from what you say in this post that you are totally confused.
    Study these links to help clear the muddy warers.

alaskan
    -------------------------------
    http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=350770#post350770

http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=314910#post314910

http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=352826#post352826

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

3. connorw

Re: Re: The start of my journey... (long)

Thanks for the reply.

I'm apparently still confused, because I read those links. Aside from inks to the faq there was the mindset post by Psych Doc. Sorry if I go the name wrong, it's vacation time and I haven't even had the first cup of coffee for the day. Which can also contribute to confusion.

Anyway, back to your reply...

Am I confused because I plan on taking this to court? Or am I confused in the process?

From what I've gathered from this site, it went letter, letter, estoppal, ITS, ITS, lawsuit.

Psych Doc talks about the SOB, who wants everything. Well I plan to sue IF its warranted. Right now I'll be happy with the credit reports getting fixed and the CA's having to drop it.

Unfortunately your post was pretty vague.

I found out about this site AFTER I started this, what had happened to date as I posted was all before I found this site.

I've read those links before you posted them, the waters are still muddy after re-reading them. So obviously I'm still confused. Perhaps a little more explanation would help.

I'm not trying to be dense, I'm not trying to be a PITA. I'm trying to get this done right. If it ends up having to go to court because I've been left no other choice then I want to have the paper trail there.

I don't know if that makes anymore sense or not.

But thank you for the reply. I go back and re-read the links a couple of more times in hopes that those muddy waters are cleared up ... but no guarantees :)

4. lbrown59

Re: Re: The start of my journey... (long)

Thanks for the reply.

I'm apparently still confused, because I read those links. Aside from inks to the faq there was the mindset post by Psych Doc. Sorry if I go the name wrong, it's vacation time and I haven't even had the first cup of coffee for the day. Which can also contribute to confusion.

Anyway, back to your reply...

Am I confused because I plan on taking this to court? Or am I confused in the process?

From what I've gathered from this site, it went letter, letter, estoppal, ITS, ITS, lawsuit.

Psych Doc talks about the SOB, who wants everything. Well I plan to sue IF its warranted. Right now I'll be happy with the credit reports getting fixed and the CA's having to drop it.

Unfortunately your post was pretty vague.

I found out about this site AFTER I started this, what had happened to date as I posted was all before I found this site.

I've read those links before you posted them, the waters are still muddy after re-reading them. So obviously I'm still confused. Perhaps a little more explanation would help.

I'm not trying to be dense, I'm not trying to be a PITA. I'm trying to get this done right. If it ends up having to go to court because I've been left no other choice then I want to have the paper trail there.

I don't know if that makes anymore sense or not.

But thank you for the reply. I go back and re-read the links a couple of more times in hopes that those muddy waters are cleared up ... but no guarantees :)
    =============
    It can be confusing at first .
    Will try posting back and explain some things latter

5. connorw

Re: Re: Re: The start of my journey... (long)

Thanks much!

6. lbrown59

Re: Re: Re: The start of my journey... (long)

1*I disputed and requested validation from TU and Experian.
    2*TU removed all but the CBC National and Anderson Financial (aka AFNI) and said that 3*they had been validated by the CA.
    4* Experian sent back that CBC National and Andesrson Finantial/AFNI validated.
    spoke with TU and was told that Cingular asked for the item to be removed because they could not validate the account. I sent a letter to Cingular asking for clarification, sent certified/RR. They got it 9/12 and I got the RR today, 9/15.
    Does this mean that Anderson Financial/AFNI can't be collecting on it anyway?
    doesn't Anderson Financial/AFNI have to be informed and remove it?
    5*Should I contact the CAs involved for verification at the same time I am verifying/disputing the debts with the CRAs?
    connorw |
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    1*You don't ask the CRAs for validation,that's for CAs
    2*.
    3*CAs don't validate to CRAs they Validate to Consumers.
    4*You mean verified don't you?
    5*?
    =================

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    PS
    New Member Must Reads.---------------------------
    http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=350770#post350770

http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=314910#post314910

http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=352826#post352826

Sample letters
    http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/index.php?s=

WhyChats statute of limitations
    http://community-2.webtv.net/Y-chat/WhyChatsCredit/

http://community-2.webtv.net/Y-chat/WhyChatsCredit/

statute of limitations http://www.edebtnetwork.com/content/collection_laws.asp