The zillion payment method.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Feb 6, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I'm now trying the zillion payment method with my cap 1's. and other cards.

Instead of making 1 payment per month. I'll make either 8 payments per month. I have a feeling their computers base highly on the number of payments you make, moreso than the length of the account.

anyone care to comment on this idea?

2. on the go

on the go Well-Known Member

RE: The zillion payment method

I would not bet on it I pay a couple of payments a month on my little cards they seem to grow just as slow. This whole repair thing is just a time issue.:(

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I don't think it matters how many times you pay per month, they only care that you pay your min payment due every month. I don't think will help much at all.

4. mvfl

mvfl Guest

I agree with mom. It's the length of the account and whether the payments are always on time. You're wasting your time, checks, and stamps.

What is the zillion payment method exactly anyway??

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Not sure. I'm working on it.
    Btw, the citibank folks flat out said "well you've made XX payments since you've opened your account".

I'll try it and post back. There's no fee for paying multiple times per month online :) citibank only allows 2, but capitalone is unlimited.

My last payment to capitalone was $3.50 :) to cover the last monthly usage fee.

6. Tyson

Tyson Guest

What does work is to purchase high ticket items and keep them for a few dyas and then going back and returning them. Myself and three other people have done this and then had had credit limits increased rapidly. Just make sure the items you purchase can be returned for full credit within 30 days.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THAT IS A LOT OF HASSLE...

8. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Tyson

Just curious....

So, your saying buy a large ticket item and then return it with in 30 days, etc.? Then what? Get the cash (hopefully) and then make a payment? Or have them credit your card back? The only way that I see this working is if you are able to get cash back instead of them crediting your card. But most stores return policy is that if you charged on credit, the return is to go back to the card????

9. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

RE: MP$40

Hey Mp,

How is the league going?

Reshod

10. Cadillac408

Great! I have games every Wed night. The competition is amazing!

I also might be playing in this Volleyball league also. I'm waiting on information.

Thanks for asking!

:-D

MP$40

11. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Good Luck

MP$40 wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Great! I have games every Wed night. The competition is amazing!

I also might be playing in this Volleyball league also. I'm waiting on information.

Thanks for asking!

:-D

MP$40

12. Tyson

Tyson Guest

MP$40

Sorry I should have been more clear about what we have done. A friend of mine first started this...He was purchasing Laptop PC's and other items from mail order catalogs and returning them for a review he was doing for his website. He did this over 4 months and he then noticed his credit limit had doubled. I tried it too and after 3 months I had my limits increase by almost 70%. These are all on prime cards. I notice on my monthly statments it says "thank you for your payment" even though it was only a credit back from the merchant. I'm not saying everyone should go out and do this, but it has worked and I do know that in most cases it's a computer program that signals for a credit increase.

13. Cadillac408

I see....

So, it was just a credit from the merchant. What I don't understand is when I buy something it says:

Fry's $400.00

Then if I return it, it says:

Fry's -$400.00

Nothing about "Thank you for your payment" etc. Anytime I return anything and it it credited back to my card, I still have to make the minimin payment due????

14. Tyson

Tyson Guest

When I get my Statement from the Credit Card Company it says "$XXX thank you for your payment." Have only done this with mail order and you don't have to make a payment if you have a zero balance to start with and end with after the credit back.

15. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

RE: Tyson

MP$40 wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Just curious....

So, your saying buy a large ticket item and then return it with in 30 days, etc.? Then what? Get the cash (hopefully) and then make a payment? Or have them credit your card back? The only way that I see this working is if you are able to get cash back instead of them crediting your card. But most stores return policy is that if you charged on credit, the return is to go back to the card????
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    So what happens when the account's been closed??