These DAMN Hospital bills!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Carrie, May 10, 2001.

1. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

Ok, here I am again with yet another hospital bill, coming from a different collection agency then the others. This is from an injury while playing ball in 1997. The ball league had insurance and paid for the Drs. bill with no problem. Apparently the hospital failed to follow through with the claim and it did not get paid. Now 4 years later they are trying to collect. But they are collecting from me! When I first spoke with the hospital she said she thought it would be written off. She would get back to me. She never got back to me instead she turned it over to collections. When I called today I was given the run around. So what do I do now????

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

TELL THEM TO GET Their act together and quit hounding you for their error"

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Girl you have a very legitimate case. Call your old insurance co. and collect as much info from them as possible. At the same time, get the name of the supervisor or who's in charge at the hospital billing. Send them a STRONG letter telling them that you will seek legitation if they do not collection processes and also demand that they restore your credit rating. That should shake em up. Girl I got 2 nice refund checks recently from people when I told them this "we can do this the easy way, you varify what I am saying and send my refund or the hard way, I sue you and your company in small claims court..." The checks came right away no problem. Thanks board for giving me the nerve.

4. QUEEN_BEE

QUEEN_BEE Well-Known Member

Carrie,

What happened????