They Forgot

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Lisa Marie, Feb 26, 2001.

1. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Guest

I disputed some items with Equifax. They updated all items except one. They didn't even acknoledge the dispute on there letter that accompanied the new report. Well the 30 days is up. Should I call them and tell them there folly and delete it? Or should I write. It sounds like there "bad"? The forgot it. It was clearly listed.

Any Idea's?

2. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Did you keep a copy of the original letter? If so, I would write them, include a copy, advise them they did not provide verification of the item and ask it be removed under FCRA. It is not uncommon for a "verifier" to neglect an item.

3. bjoe

bjoe Active Member

I am going through this same issue with Transunion right now. I sent in a dispute on a charge off and judgment last month. They deleted the charge-off and did not investigate the judgment. I called and the rep said that she will pull my original letter from the mail room. If they see I asked for investigation over 30 days ago, now the 30 days is up and they will delete.

Just to be on the safe side, I sent a certified demand for removal and a copy of my original letter, green card, etc which states I will proceed to redress my damages under the FCRA since they did not investigate in the 30 allotted days.

4. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Good Job bjoe. It is nice to see it work for a change.

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

What is A green card?

6. bjoe

bjoe Active Member

the green card is the certified mail receipt that the receiving party(CRA) signs and it is sent back to prove receipt of the letter