They refused my offer:( Advic

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Nov 6, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Mom: It takes time.......

Thanks Kristi, I will keep on trying and I know that it will take some effort. I appreciate all your advice and encouragement:)

2. pat

pat Guest

tell me the company/ let me pi

I will be happy to pay the first $250 of a lawyer's fees if
    1. you tell me the name & location of the creditor
    2. I pick the lawyer

Once I pick a lawyer, you ascertain that he/she can represent your problem for <$250.
    If you agree, I'll send the lawyer a cashier's check for $250.
    If the item is deleted from your credit report, you merely need post the info at ths site.
    e mail me. I will pay the first $250 to a lawyer (my choice of lawyer) upon learning the facts just to prove a point.

3. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

RE: Not at all Roni

Roni, you stated that they removed the paid collection from your report as a "good gesture of customer relations?" Even after you paid them in advance with no known preset deal? How were you able to complete this. I have a paid collection from 1995, that I have wrote to both the orginal collector and the collection agency asking for removal on the basis of my situation at the time, prompt payment, and as a good gesture of customer relations. What else can I do, to get the item removed?

Reshod

roni wrote:
    -------------------------------
    No, mom. YOu can pay the collection agency, but you get the agreement from peco to delete it. Ex. with my bell atlantic account, there where 3 agencies: Bell Atlantic, a law firm in penn. and the collection agency that was reporting it Collectech. Collectech told me to contact bell atlantic. Bell Atlantic told me to contact the law firm. The law firm told me to pay them and bell atlantic had to tell Collectech to remove it. I did just that. It took 4-5 attempts over 1 month to get bell atlantic, by the way I had to speak to a supervisor and a high up one. She called me back. But I was patient and consistent. She said she was impressed about how my story had not changed and my persistence. When you are right about something and you stick at it, people have a heart and listen. Mom I try to tell you my situations. It kills me how some people here, can have to much negative to say and aint got a clue about credit, They aint @!#$, but anyway. I got it off.

YOu know what, I was just in ....

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

RE: Richguy

I'm not sure exactly what level of activity is required, but I believe that if you make payments on an account that went delinquent before 1997-1998 or thereabouts, it is grandfathered under the revised FCRA. They can reset the date past the date of delinquency, to the date of last activity.

This is secondhand, not based on original research. I am definitely subject to correction.

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

See FCRA

See the FCRA, which I just looked up for the first time. Section 605(c)(2)

Please forgive any irregularity in this citation. I value both form and content, but had to get the content to Mom and Roni as soon as I could. I also had to convince myself that I had remembered correctly what others had posted a few months back.

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

What a nice gesture Pat!

Wow....that's a nice gesture Pat. I see where you are coming from and sometimes you have to take extreme measures to get the job done! A lawyer is very extreme (especially for the fee) but hey.....it sounds like Mom won't be satisfied unless this is DELETED!

Mom: I have a small suggestion (I actually did this once w/ an old cable bill). I still had the old account number so I sent the cable company a check for $71. I waited for the check to clear. It did....then I went down to the collection agency w/ the canceled check in hand and told them that they better remove this off of my credit with the quickness before I went Postal on their ass! It was removed.....game, set, match! So if you still have the account number, just send them a check referencing the account number and see what happens? You do owe the money so it's not like it will be a waste.

On the flip note, I was going to do the same thing w/ those checks that my ex wrote to Safeway. I called Safeway's 800 number that handles bounced checks and they had the information in the computer, but they stated that I had to contact the collection agency to arrange for repayment.......NOPE, BYE! I told them that I DID NOT want to deal w/ the collection agency and they told me that there was nothing that they could do (yeah, right!). I asked them, what if I just sent Safeway the money anyway? They stated that they would forward the money to the agency (I'll beleive that when I see it!). I was HOT! I've already sent a prove it or remove it letter to the agency on 10/19. I'm waiting for a response. I need to get this account off of my report because they have been reporting EVERY 1-2 months! It's not like they reported 1 time 3 years ago. They are reporting as a current bad account! This and the judgment are really funkin my credit off! If all else fails, and they prove that I did indeed write the checks, then I'll just pay Safeway (making sure that I make the check out to *SAFEWAY*) and then work from there.

Hey, if all else fails......just pay the m'fkers and then like in 4 months, start the dispute process over. I know need to either pay it or get it off so you can get that mortgage. If you have to pay it, you have to pay it......you DO owe the money so...

And by the way.....I hope you don't mistake Pat's offer as a hand out or some sort of charity case. We have all grown close posting on these boards and I think he's doing what any friend would do. I know Roni got in some hot s*&% over the comment that she made to you. That's o.k...she was saying that to you as a FRIEND (well, internet friend anyway). If she didn't give a f*&% about you, she wouldn't of said anything! Roni's got your back.....and vice versa......don't let others destroy that!

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks MP

Thanks for all your support, everybody is so supportive on these boards. Yes I would love this deleted and will try my best, if it fails well that's the breaks. thanks again

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: tell me the company/ let m

Pat I appreciate your jesture, but I don't understand why you would be willing to pay 250.00 for someone you don't know?? I don't feel this would be right on my part by taking your offer.

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

The company is Inovision located in Key West florida. But I really don't feel right taking your offer, although I do appreciate it.

mom

10. pat

pat Guest

now the issue is even easier. thanks for the info.

11. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

easier??

what do you mean by that, may I ask???

12. Kristi

Kristi Guest

What are you trying to prove?

Pat,
    Are you a lawyer? Because if not, I find your motive a bit strange. Unless you are fixing the fee because you know someone who will do it for free but normally charges 250.00 or you are an attorney and are working up to an advertisement later on. Which is cool but don't make it seem like a lawyer letter is neccessary in this case. Please! Use that $250.00 to head towards debt freedom not a letter!

What point are you trying to prove that an american citizen doesn't have enough brains to say?

In Re:
    Blah blah Vs...
    and all the other legal words located in my blacks law dictionary? Besides you paying for everyone, I see no point at ALL in paying an attorney $250.00 to write a letter.

Why have a lawyer write a letter for this situation?
    The lawyer cannot threaten to sue
    The lawyer is not claiming FCRA violations
    The lawyer is not announcing a trial date.

It's $250.00 simply to add the title Esquire or attorney at law and like I said adding Attorney in fact is suffice.

pat wrote:
    I will be happy to pay the first $250 of a lawyer's fees if
    1. you tell me the name & location of the creditor
    2. I pick the lawyer

Once I pick a lawyer, you ascertain that he/she can represent your problem for <$250.
    If you agree, I'll send the lawyer a cashier's check for $250.
    If the item is deleted from your credit report, you merely need post the info at ths site.
    e mail me. I will pay the first $250 to a lawyer (my choice of lawyer) upon learning the facts just to prove a point.

13. Kristi

Kristi Guest

No attorney needed here, just

Mom,

You know that letter I wrote for you FREE? I guarantee you, the attorney letter will be basically the same language same ending except it will be signed "Esquire" ----Not "momof3"!!------

If Pat does it for free, great! Maybe everyone here can get the same service of an attorney letter for free. I think it's a wondeful idea if it's free or say $25.00 but for the average hard working person to pay $250.00 to have a simple letter written on an expired debt is garbage. And if you can't afford that then simply take my FREE letter (Ps: Written by my attorney friend & myself)and add the signature of "Attorney in Fact" and have your POA or friend sign it.

Pat, Nothing personal, you seem pretty up on the law, nice guy and you may even be a lawyer but it is absolutely a waste to have hard working people think its' ok to pay an attorney to write a letter about this kind of situation. Expired debt,old debt etc,,, No attoney is needed here. Unless you can pay for everyone,I think it's wrong to promote that idea unless the letter service is around $25.00.

I notice alot with your posts that you are kind of argumentative. The rest of us are always trying to put our heads together & come up with new ways to fight back & you always seem to "Be out to prove a point" Why not simply try giving some great free advice and not pointing out case law and arguing so much. Just my two cents and not meant to be bitter in anyway. LOL.

Kristi wrote:
    Pat,
    Are you a lawyer? Because if not, I find your motive a bit strange. Unless you are fixing the fee because you know someone who will do it for free but normally charges 250.00 or you are an attorney and are working up to an advertisement later on. Which is cool but don't make it seem like a lawyer letter is neccessary in this case. Please! Use that $250.00 to head towards debt freedom not a letter!

What point are you trying to prove that an american citizen doesn't have enough brains to say?

In Re:
    Blah blah Vs...
    and all the other legal words located in my blacks law dictionary? Besides you paying for everyone, I see no point at ALL in paying an attorney $250.00 to write a letter.

Why have a lawyer write a letter for this situation?
    The lawyer cannot threaten to sue
    The lawyer is not claiming FCRA violations
    The lawyer is not announcing a trial date.

It's $250.00 simply to add the title Esquire or attorney at law and like I said adding Attorney in fact is suffic....

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Not at all Roni

I must not have made it clear. I made the deal for deletion over the phone. It was a verbal agreement. I paid them and they deleted it. I was lucky. I took a chance. I dont recommend doing it. They also sent me this letter in writing. I thought they were very helpful. I put my letter up as proof that these things can be deleted if there was an error made. Otherwise they try to jerk you around. At this point, I say dispute it. If they verify it, call them and plead your case. Like I have said before, Bell ATlantic told me NO for 4 phone calls before I (get this) got into a good convo with the rep. She had a neice my age who had a similiar problems with roommates not paying a bill. She put me through to the highest up supervisor. And I was on to deletion after that. You just never know. And I wouldnot have known if I hadnot tried. What is the worst that can happen. They say no. You are talking to them over the phone. Who cares. And you know what? These hardnose people who are telling you no sometimes just dont know. The rep I was telling you at bell ATlantic, really believed they couldnot get stuff deleted. Well When I said "Honey, let me tell you...." She took a few pointers and may start credit repair her self. What you think about that?

15. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: retaliation?

Thanks Pat. I appreciated that.

pat wrote:
    If you can do it yourself, that's great. Only after I have made a good faith effort to resolve a situation do I hire an attorney.
    Roni- your posts are a welcome part of this message board. Earlier today, you explained FICO scoring and strategy re what accounts to keep open to an individual in a very helpful way. Your statements re FICO scoring were all correct, and you gave very good advice.
    I do not have any intent to "retaliate", but I will politely disagree at times.
    PM

16. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: What a nice gesture Pat!

MP$40, now you know mom aint gonna go postal on no one. She has 3 kids. Why dont you go in AS Mom. Now then that would be ON.

MP$40 wrote:
    Wow....that's a nice gesture Pat. I see where you are coming from and sometimes you have to take extreme measures to get the job done! A lawyer is very extreme (especially for the fee) but hey.....it sounds like Mom won't be satisfied unless this is DELETED!

Mom: I have a small suggestion (I actually did this once w/ an old cable bill). I still had the old account number so I sent the cable company a check for $71. I waited for the check to clear. It did....then I went down to the collection agency w/ the canceled check in hand and told them that they better remove this off of my credit with the quickness before I went Postal on their ass! It was removed.....game, set, match! So if you still have the account number, just send them a check referencing the account number and see what happens? You do owe the money so it's not like it will be a waste.

On the flip note, I was going to do the same thing w/ those checks that my ex wrote to Safeway. I called Safeway's 800 numbe....

17. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Peco Energy Don't Want None Of

Please....

I would be more than happy to go out there and act a fool for Mom.....that's not a problem!

See, when it come to credit in the Bay Area.....WE DON'T PLAY! It's bad enough a person who makes $100k a year has problems making rent.......funk off our credit, then it's REALLY ON!!!! Believe it....

I personally have notice that EVERY DAMN THING revolves around your credit nowadays...insurance, job (in some cases), basic utilities, etc. What the hell...I noticed a couple of companies that I didn't even give my ssn to have peeked at my credit when I ordered service (Skytel and Alhambra H2O)!!!! I couldn't believe it.

18. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: Peco Energy Don't Want Non

I was told they don't need SS# to access your credit report...they can get it by going through the back door with name, address, city, state, phone, and date of birth???

19. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks

thanks MP, I appreciate all your support, you will have to fly to florida as well and take care of the collection agency LOL

20. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Peco Energy Don't Want Non

im no trying to pay deposits to everybody so I just give up the social.