Things have changed, still need hel

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CCMax, Jun 5, 2001.

1. CCMax

CCMax Active Member

Hello all,

I haven't posted here in a few months. My, how things have changed. I came here desparately trying to clear up my CRs to qualify for a mortgage. It worked, I'm in my new home right now,and loving every second of it--(Also with my newborn!!!) To all those in subprime hell, like me, keep working: a (decent) mortgage is out there with your name on it. Thanks to all those who gave me such useful advice!

Just wanted to send kudos to Momof3, I see you are about to get your home too...Did I read that Roni had applied too? What happened?

Anyway, just a few questions. I realize my CRs are all cleared of balances owing, but the negative information is still there. I had some success with deletions. When/How does a mortgage begin to affect my credit rating? I fell off the wagon and applied for a quite a few cards, I was approved for almost all of them, but still at very subprime rates (Aria, Nextcard). I'm also still getting only subprime preapproved offers (Cross Country, Action)
    Meanwhile, my husband got rejected for almost all of them. His scores had been higher than mine. I don't get it.

All of this to say that I am kind of shocked at how I can qualify for a mortgage, but can't seem to pull myself from the depths of subprime hell. How can I change things?

CC

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hey CC, long time no post. Congrats on your house, but a "BIG" congrats on the birth of your child:)

Yes I am "closing" on June 15, keep your fingers crossed, I did get the final commitment letter for the loan YIPPEE, only thing that they were waiting on today was verfication from hubby's job, waiting on FAX.

Well from what I have heard, though I maybe be wrong, a mortgage on your reports doesn't seems to help until it has reached 12 months of age, whether this is true or not who knows, but I always seem to remember this being said about it.

Yes roni is having a townhouse built and she is in the process of getting loan approval, darn underwriters LOL.

It is great to see you post and I am glad everything is going well:)