Thinking about hiring Lexingto

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Carrot, Nov 15, 2000.

1. Carrot

Carrot Guest

I think I've gone as far as I can with my credit repair, and I'm thinking about retaining Lexington to remove two pesky judgments from my credit reports. I figure that as attorneys, they may be able to use some legal loophole to get the items removed. I did a search on this site, and the reviews of Lexington's work so far have been mixed. Does anyone have any recent updates on how Lexington has worked out for you?

2. David

David Well-Known Member

RE: Thinking about hiring Lexi

*** CONTENT DELETED BY BOARD ADMIN ***

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hey Carrot

I have never had any dealing with Lexington although I have heard some good things about them. I do recall a poster here using them but the name has left my head. Just curious if you have tried every avenue before you shell out money for someone to do this? believe I know the frustration myself and couldn't blame you if you wanted someone else to handle this headache for you. I hope someone can give you better insight than the moron that responded.

Mom:)

4. Carrot

Carrot Guest

RE: Hey Carrot

Actually, I laughed out loud when I read "David Lucy Bobby's response! If I had negative info removed, why would I need his company? I'd be able to get REAL credit from a REAL bank.

Anyway, I've disputed the judgments and they come back verified. I'm sure the bureaus use some third party verification service for this. I've just come to the conclusion that I can't wait another five years for this information to fall off. I've paid the debt and I'm tired of being punished. This is worse than a prison sentence--I could go out and commit a crime and not have a seven year sentence! I'm just so frustrated right now, and the fees seem like a small price to pay to not have to wait five years.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I understand

I understand exactly what you are saying, five years is a LONG time to wait for this to come off. I really hope lexington or someone can help you. I know how darn frustrating it can be, even though I only have one negative thing on hubby's report I would do just about anything to get it off and would consider paying someone to do it, but his does fall off in 2 years, but I'm with you I wouldn't want to wait five years either. Good Luck I hope someone can give you some insight:)

Mom

6. Pat

Pat Guest

You just made a mistake David

The Lexington Law Firm is run by two reputable attorneys, who are lisenced by the State of Utah to practice law. I will provide the post you just made, and a few others, to one of the attorneys at the firm letting him know that you claim to be his business partner.
    If our claim is untrue, I am guessing these lawyers will not tolerate yur statements.

7. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

I know someone personally who is using Lexington to clean up her credit reports. They have done a great job so far; however, her experience has been that they do not answer her emails, letters, faxes, or phone calls. Not one single question she's had in over a year has been answered or addressed in any form or fashion. Still, they've helped her remove charge-offs, late-pays, a repossession, a judgement, and collection accounts.

The only problem this lady has encountered is an extreme lack of communication. On the other hand, some Lexington customers who post here have stated that they've had no problems whatsoever in getting responses.

8. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

My experience with Lexington Law Firm wasn't positive. After retaining their service in late February, I canceled in July.

During the six months I was with Lexington, I didn't receive a single shred of evidence from the three credit bureaus and there were no positive changes concerning my reports.

Email contact with this company is extremely slow. On several occasions, it took over two weeks to get a response and what I got was often inadequate.

My advice is to stay away from Lexington. Lexington doesn't actually do the work. The law firm lends its name for advertising and prestige, but Johnson & Associates, their sister company, actually does the credit repair. And case analysts take care of the disputes. Attorneys don't. The attorneys just collect the money.

Maybe others have had better luck with Lexington but I felt compelled to share my experience.

Thanks and I hope this helps. I'm new here but I know Ron, and a few others, from another board. This group is great!

Donna

9. Carrot

Carrot Guest

Thanks Doris and Donna

for sharing your experiences. Seems like Lexington's success rate is hit-or-miss. Donna, do they offer any type of money-back guarantee?

10. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE: Thanks Doris and Donna

In terms of money, I have to say Lexington was fair. Because I kept not receiving responses back from the credit bureaus, they gave me three months of service at no charge. And, yes, I think Lexington does offer a money-back guarantee but I think you have to stick with them for a year in order to qualify.

Frankly, Lexington seems to be into volume, rather than service. Initially, when I faxed my credit reports to them, it took over two weeks to get an Email response back. (Originally, I had sent them a note requesting verification that my faxed reports had been received.) In the Email response I finally got, I was told that they received tons of faxes and sometimes it took a while for the paperwork to be processed and placed in the appropriate folders.

After about a month, I wrote again and, following another two-week interval, I found that my first fax had never been received. So that meant that six weeks had been wasted.

Communication with Lexington is extremely slow. My guess is that they have an over-worked staff trying to serve an over abundance of clients. I felt very lost in the shuffle.

If you do decide to try Lexington, please keep us posted on your progress. I hope your experience is more positive than mine. However, in all honesty, I can't recommend this company.

Take care.

Donna