This board in addictive

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by texastrini, Aug 4, 2001.

1. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

You had withdrawl too? I was without this board for 5 weeks!!!! Talk about withdrawl. I was such an irritable person those 5 weeks, I too, am much better now. hehe

2. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Ok I will admit it as well. I am a credit repair addict!

and I like it!

Cheers to my fellow addicts! (Cypri is stumbling........)

3. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

I would fall under the guidelines of a CRA also,(Credit Repair Addict) it makes my day when I help someone who is lost. This is a much more useful way of spending time on the net than surfing for junk. You get to meet so many different people with different ideas.

4. Surphie

Surphie Well-Known Member

And
    Dogman
    and
    GEORGE

and many others (need my ginko memory pills as well)!

:)

5. Surphie

Surphie Well-Known Member

and if you click on "today" you get the last updated page too! LOL
    :)

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

A-vidly
    D-edicated
    D-evoted
    I-nsane
    C-redit
    (T-rans Union sucks)
    (E-xperian and Equifax, too)
    D-ispute-Head

Tha'ts Me (With editorials in parenthesis)

7. hurricane5

hurricane5 Well-Known Member

I think that I'm addicted to YOU GUYS!!! We all help/pull for/feel compassion for each other. That's what makes Creditnet so "addictive" for me! I've gotten a lot of help from folks, and hopefully have been able to add a little bit to the "collective" of this board!

Man, I'm almost sounding like the Borg from Star Trek....You will be assimilated!

One Love....

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I agree with hurricane, of course we are all trying to either build or rebuild our credit , but I think the best thing about this board is all the members through the years ( well most LOL), we have cheered each other on and helped each other, we have shared our secrets and also shared our many mistakes. It's so great to see when someone improves, when they began getting credit and when the go prime, these names and their stories become so familiar to you and it's the best thing to see when they have success.

I have chatted and posted with some great people and I don't want to list them all I may miss someone, but this board is what it is because of all the members:)

9. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

I think I have the most serious problem. I sit here with my seven week old and type and read away. I bet that she'll have her crap together and won't get into the mess that her mom and dad have gotten into. Hey my brother (from my mom's 2nd marriage) will be leaving for college. I had him to read this board and see what folks have gotten themselves into and that he better not even dare go near a credit card with the promise of a free t-shirt. If I taught him well, bump the t-shirt and water bottle and go with the 0.0%APR HAHHAHAHAHAHA.

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

TEACH YOUR BROTHER under 9.99% is GOOD...
    Over 9.99% is BAD...
    No annual fee is GOOD...
    $0 BT fee is GOOD...
    If the bill comes with a white piece of paper in it with CHANGE OF TERMS...READ EVERY WORD TWICE WITH SOMEONE YOU TRUST...

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Teaching your brother to avoid credit cards is not necesarily a good thing. Credit is good. You NEED credit to survive in this world. Teaching your brother to pay every single thing in life ontime (or at least the things that could be reported to the credit bureaus...lol). And teach him for God's sake to NEVER BE 30 DAYS LATE....

If your brother is just starting out to college, getting 1 credit card with a low limit and making him pay it ontime with your supervision of course would be a good thing, so that when he leaves college in 4 years he will have good credit. No credit is as bad as Bad credit. I hope your brother already has a good card so that he can dismiss all the crazy offers that they throw at college students. By the time your brother is 30, he would have 10+ years of strong credit which is awesome...

But that is just my opinion, and what I am trying to do with my 18 yo sister just going to college. She wants to be a nurse.

12. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

13. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

It's a terrible thing to have the flawed credit system destroy too!

14. kbelle72

kbelle72 Well-Known Member

In regards to your brother....make sure that he gets a reasonable card with a reasonable limit. My one charge off was a Chase visa that all I had to do for the credit check was send in a copy of my student ID. Another college student I know got a Chase visa with a $2,500 limit. Give me a break. I guess they figure that if you get in trouble, your parents will pay it off. Didn't happen in my case. :)