This one requires some thought

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by snakeman, Sep 7, 2003.

1. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

I need an answer to this question ASAP. Any ideas from past posts (unable to locate) or from personal experience would be appreciated.

I am trying to get the 15 judgments off my credit report (don't ask).

I would like to try the scenario that has been mentioned in this forum whereby a person somehow gets the address changed or deleted on the judgment and then disputes it as not mine.

This sounds like a "back door" approach, but one that seems like it would have merit.

How do I go about doing this?

BTW, I'm in Michigan...does that help?

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I am trying to get the 15 judgments off my credit report (don't ask).
    snakeman
    ===================
    15 musta been a special on em to get that many! L O L.
    THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

3. snakeman

Hey now, be nice.

For all you know, I could've lost 3 kids and a sister in a car accident 5 years ago because of a drunk driver. Then because my wife and I couldn't work (self-employed), we lost everything we owned.

....including our own children.

Which BTW, is exactly what happened.

Any positive comments for the above mentioned question I posted would be greatly appreciated.
    Any off hand comments about having 15 judgments is not needed.

SnakeMan

4. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

I am sorry for your loss. I simply can't imagine.

To clarify, you need to get the old address/addresses removed from your credit reports that are associated with the judgements.

Then dispute.

5. shawbee

shawbee Well-Known Member

Snakeman, I too lost my brother 5 years ago in a motorcycle accident, also killed by a drunk driver, which would be him,also. I have had my own credit issues, not because of that but because of being diagnosed with cancer at 37 with 4 small children and then my husband lost his job. My cancer was supposed to be terminal, but God stepped in and the rest is history. Not to change the thread but not always do people have credit problems because they were irresponsible. Sometimes life happens, and we need to not be judgemental.

6. snakeman

Thanks for the responses. I can relate. I guess the main question is, and I need to be more specific, is how do you go about removing the old addresses or address from the report?

And which section are we talking about? Is it the top of the report that mentions older previous addresses or...

is it the actual court documents located at the district court in my city?

OR are you talking about MY address? The creditor address?

I am confused because it seems you had said to have them (addresses) removed that had to do with the judgments.

But on my credit report it doesn't mention a address with the judgment. The judgment section simply states the judgment and who the plaintiff is, which court, and the amount and weather its been paid or not.

Sorry, guess I just don't get it.

SnakeMan

7. shawbee

I am new here but I believe what they are saying is to remove whatever old address that you might have had when you had the judgement come against you. If the jugement is tied to an old address, removing it will remove the tie between the judgement and you and it can be deleted saying its not yours. I also believe others have said all you have to do is call the cra and ask them to delete the old address and they will. Then dispute the tl as not yours. Hope that helps.

8. snakeman

You know what? I think I heard that hear somewhere too. Seems like someone mentioned that it was easy to call the CRA and have them remove and old address. Hmmm...should I be prepared for an excuse as to why?

And further...I didn't know I could actually talk to a real person at a CRA. My attempts have been nothing more than an automated system that directs you to mail your dispute.(Good phone numbers for the 3 CRA's anyone?)

Without making this too complicated, once the information is disputed as not mine, and lets assume the old addresses are gone....does the CRA really just delete from a consumer request of deletion? C'mon now, that just seems to darn easy!

Ehhh, who knows

SnakeMan

9. shawbee

I believe that the ca or oc will not be able to verify because the address in their system no longer automatically matches. Since they can't verify, it must be deleted. The cra has to have a verification or they must delete

10. snakeman

I guess I'm curious as to how this would work if they see 15 "not mine" letters come in the office there in a short period of time.

And, wouldn't the verification letter that the CRA's send to the "creditors" or "CA" in this case actually be a court house?

It has to be the court house. That is where the CRA's originally got this information. Remember, in my case and I assume in most cases, the information I'm talking about here wasn't reported to the CRA's......instead, public info from courts is often "picked up" by the CRA's themselves.

How do you dispute information like this that was picked up by the CRA's directly from the court?

Seems pretty solid to me.

SnakeMan

11. shawbee

This is over my head. I thought you were talking about chargeoffs and that would be reported by oc and ca. I don't have an help to offer about those sort of judgements. Did you try to a search of this board. That has helped me alot when I needed specific information based upon my own problem. I am sure someone has had your problem before.

12. lbrown59

Re: Re: This one requires some thought

13. lbrown59

this is correct.

14. snakeman

Yeah, thanks to everyone for taking the time to answer this question for me.

Since I posted this, I got my answer through other recent posts.

I'll be more careful in the future with my posts, however, I think most questions here have probably been posed and answered numerous times.

I'll try to find the answer myself as much as possible.

Best Regards,

SnakeMan

15. lbrown59

1*I guess I'm curious as to how this would work if they see 15 "not mine" letters come in the office there in a short period of time.
    2*How do you dispute information like this that was picked up by the CRA's directly from the court?
    SnakeMan
    ````````````````````````````````````
    1*Consumer protection laws don't put a restriction on how many of a given type of debt one can dispute.
    2*The same way U dispute information reported to them by others.

Say you have a judgment on file at the court for
    SnakeMan
    123 shady lane
    anytown usa

Now that you have deleted all old addresses from your reports leaving only your current address of.
    SnakeMan
    246 Sunny Drive
    newtown usa.

Now when you dispute as not mine and the CRA finds the judgment is for
    123 shady lane
    anytown usa

whch don't match the address they have on file for you of
    246 Sunny Drive
    newtown usa.
    They have no choice but to deleate because the addresses do not match.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

16. snakeman

I hope this next question in response to your last response comes out right....

ARE THEY STUPID?

You mean to tell me that their not "hip" to this game? They can't see that you just removed all old addresses? It doesn't ring a bell to them? No red flags?

Makes me wonder about who's running the show over their. It sounds like it would be Peter Griffin the Dimwitted North-easterner from "The Family Guy"

lol....you gotta love Stewie though ehh?

Mom says to Stewie "It's broccoli, it's good for you now open up for the airplane!"
    Stewie says "NEVER! Damn you! Damn the broccoli! and Damn the Wright brothers!!"

lol......ohhh, been a long day....I needed that.

SnakeMan

17. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: This one requires some thought

yep

Oh, occasionally you will have one that is trying to be smart. Hang up and call back. Next time a stupid one will answer the phone :)

18. chrisb

chrisb Well-Known Member

I am not trying to be judgemental or anything. If you succeed in removing the addresses, then dispute the judgements on your credit report as "not mine" and by some quark they fall off the report then you will have cleaned up the credit report. However, you will still have 15 judgements against you which could be renewed in perpituity, could get wage garnishments against you, or could get a writ to withdraw money from your bank account. Getting them removed from your credit report is a good idea, but then you should consider trying to get as many of them vacated as possible so that they both are not being reported as yours, and so that they can not ever go after you again to get the money.

Just a thought.

ChrisB

19. lbrown59

*And a good one.
    Vacating a judgment also gets it off your report.

20. knbunited

knbunited Active Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: This one requires some thought

Good one jlynn.....LOL!