Those A@%holes at Providian!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Julie L, May 9, 2001.

1. Julie L

Julie L Member

You won't beleive this!! I wrote 7 letters via PFB to Providian, regarding my stingy limit of $100. I had the card since December 15th, 2000. I was told when I first got the card, I would get an increase after 90 days. Did NOT get it. Then, I was told to wait for another statement in March, did NOT get it. Then, in April, I was told one more statement again. Then, May 1st, I was told one more staement. So, after writing these letters, I finally got a response. The guy I talked to was Angel. He REFUSED to even give me $100 more. I begged, pleaded, threatened, you name it. I told him my credit with them is PERFECT, I told him I always pay early, I pay 2 or 3 checks a month, I told him I have NEVER been late, or had a returned check. He told me I was up for automatic review, but will take up to 90 more days!! By that time, I will be with them TEN months!! I told Angel that I KNOW for a fact, I should have gotten at least 2 increases by now. You know what else he said? Quote" Just because you are in review, does not mean you will get your increase, people are picked at random!!!!!" I cannot beleive it, a measly $100, perfect history, going to the top of the comany, and I STILL can't get a PENNY out of them. Anyone have a suggestion? Please help!! Julie

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Did you call the retention number or the main number? Call retention directly...I don't have their number handy but just to a search on this board under "Providian retention number".

Call retention and give them the old "I'm going to start doing some traveling for my job and need a card that I can rent cars and hotels with...what can you do for me in regards to an increase?" routine. See what they say. You're story is strange because Providian is known for being generous and timely with their increases.

3. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

Try providian @ 1-800-211-5815...ask for retention. I'm suspecting with a $100. credit limit that your credit history is atrocious. Providian typically starts out at $1,000. You may want to look at Orchard Bank (www.orchardbank.com) they will atleast give you $300. Good Luck.

Sean

4. mr_hops

mr_hops New Member

my credit was terrible including a bk7 1 year prior to applying for providian. they started me at $500.00
    and I'm due for my 1st increase end of month. (had this account 6 months)

don't understand a $100.00 limit card

5. new here

new here Member

I too am surprised at the trouble you are having with Providian. I have also had my card since December 2000, starting with a $400 limit, and it is now $1700. I received two increases just by pressing the button requesting a credit line increase. An automated recording said they would review my account, and a few days later it was raised. Try this, I have used it twice.

6. cataloger

cataloger New Member

Same deal with me. Paid them every week right off the their web site. Increased me from 1000 to 1100.
    Called to complain. Got no where. Have had the card 6 months. Total bull.

7. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

I opened my Providian Gold Visa Sept. 2000 with $1,000 credit line. As of today it's $1,700 and believe me when I tell you that my credit wasn't all that great.

I can't understand why your stuck at $100. Why don't you try writing to the office of the president. I did and got my $59 annual fee waived.

Best of luck to you.

Manny

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I am baffled by this also. I have had my Providian Visa 2 years this past March. My limit was $1,000 to starting out, is $6,500 now. I'm working on the interest rate.

breeze