Those jerks......

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ohnostuck, Nov 20, 2001.

1. ohnostuck

ohnostuck Well-Known Member

I talked to the collection company today that I sent the validation and the estoppal to, they CLAIM that they just got the letter yesterday. I sent this out on November 1st. They said that all of the mail to them goes to the main office in another state first, Funny, the address I wrote on the envelope was their office.

Anywayyyyyyyy, Today I got 2 letters from them both post marked the 16th. One was offering a settlement at 50 and the other at 70% if I pay them in 14 days. Yeah right...

My question is this. I sent this letter 11/1, that means that IF they do not validate it by 12/1 they are screwed blued and tatooed? Or not really?

The guy that I talked to was VERY nice and appolgied several times that the letters made it here after I sent it. That is a violation right?

CREDITNET ADDICT THIS IS MY 100TH POST AND I HAVE ONLY BEEN HERE ABOUT A MONTH! LOL

2. QUEEN_BEE

QUEEN_BEE Well-Known Member

Can't help but love a good thing LOL

3. BruteForce

BruteForce Well-Known Member

the important date is the day they received it. you did send by certified (or some other means of delivery verification) right?

4. ohnostuck

ohnostuck Well-Known Member

Yes, certified rr. I got the card back saying they got it on the 5th, but the guy tried to pull that it was received in the other office. Which by the way is impossible because I sent it to that office.

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

ohnostuck

The answers you are asking for are entirely too sensitive in nature to be getting in open forum. The collection agencies are starting to watch this board in droves and are picking up on the kinds of answers you need and trying to perfect their systems so they don't get hit like they have been getting hit since this board came into existance. So if we give out answers such as you are asking for, they soon end up not working.

I can give you all the answers you are looking for and almost all of them have already been given out here on the board and can be found if you do enough hunting. All that I ask is that you send me an email and I will be happy to help you to the greatest extent that I can.

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

There is no time limit for validation, but they can't engage in collection activity until they validate. What's the date on the little green ticket from the post office? Just check those dates and you'll see if there's a violation.

7. dakota62

dakota62 Well-Known Member

Whay can I do if they put it on my CRA and they haven't contacted me. I realize that by putting it on my report they expect me to contact them eventually.

8. QUEEN_BEE

QUEEN_BEE Well-Known Member

BUMP

I would like to know about that too.

9. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

Dakota-
    In case someone doesn't answer you with a definate answer, I will let you know after my small claims suit against a CA. They placed 2 items on hubbys CR and NEVER contacted him. I found it on there and called them to pay it. I filed against the CA last week, so unless we settle (which hubby doesn't want to do), I'll let you know what the court says about it.

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I believe there is a statement in the FTC opinion letters to the effect that a CA putting info on a credit report is done in order to collect, and so the FTC see it as a collection attempt.