Those MORONS at Equifax

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jamie, Jan 27, 2001.

1. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Just got an updated Equifax report. Those Morons say they verified my collection account. Remember, they don't have even my old name and address right. Now the updated copy comes to a name similar to my old one, which wasn't right on thier report to begin with. Come on, I told them (by phone) my middle name wasn't Ann, its Marie and has been since I was born. The old incorrect addresses remain the same. I never lived at those addresses (the way they have them) and it comes to my correct address. Didn't I send them a copy of my Drivers License and SS card for verification, not once, but twice? Where do they get these people that work their? Well, another month down the drain. Lets see what Trans Union has to offer. I had no problem at all with Experian. Thats a switch...LOL The only Identity fraud I see here is Equifax, stealing MY identity.

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: keep working them.

My method of choice is always send a single dispute against any wrong address or name information, then follow up with the disputes on the credit items.

I got the tip from someone else here, who deserves the credit and thanks :)

3. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

RE: keep working them.

I just can't believe it, I sent them ID twice and called once about my name. I am so furious about this I can scream. About the electric collection, I'm assuming it is mine, but the address is wrong. So I denied it as being mine, hoping it would come off. Its going on 5 years. I didn't even live there for a year before the collection. I wonder if I have any recourse, in my divorce papers he initiated and signed, he states that he assumes all responsibility for debts concerning and incurred on the property. I don't recall signing anything with the electric company as far as a contract. So wouldn't they have to prove it? Probably all they had was my social number.