Thrown out of EQUIFAX!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Flyingifr, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

Equifax threw me out!!!! I can't get any reports or scores from them on line and they cancelled my account, even though I have 8 months left on it (pre-paid of course).

How was I so lucky?

1: I am suing them for refusal to remove trade lines that even the creditors say in writing should be removed.

2: I am also suing them for fraud and FCRA violaion of the Investigation rules. I have documentary proof that their "investigation" consists of merely slapping "verified" on the account and not even notifying the supplier of the trade line of the dispute.

3: I will now be suing them again for the unused portion of my pre-paid membership which they unilaterally cancelled.

The moral of the story is.... if you sue them they throw you out. Now I can't get my EFX FICO (or even see if there are anyother inaccuracies in the file. I wonder if CREDITORS can access my EFX file. Any ideas?

2. 95207Chick

95207Chick Well-Known Member

Well them blocking you is a PITA.

BUT .... HOO-RAH! for you to take them on!

We are all behind you rooting for your success on kicking them where it counts!

Good Luck!

I have 2 TLs that should be deleted but EQ keeps verifying. I don't have the cajones yet to do much more than complain yet.

3. Flyingifr

The funny thing is - by blocking me they violated my contract with them (access to my credit files on line for a year) and just created another lawsuit!!!!

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Thrown out of EQUIFAX!!!!

I thought that should be ILLEGAL too...

5. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

And, of course, this is causing you intense stress, isn't it? I think a BIG pain and suffering suit should be brewing here. Are you going to sue in federal court?

I'm sure others can still see your report. Do you have a friend that's a car dealer or a mortgage broker who can pull your report?

6. Flyingifr

Re: Re: Re: Thrown out of EQUIFAX!!!!

Pain and suffering? I became sterile the minute I couldn't see my EFX file. Not even my dog likes me any more because of it. My goldfish died, the cat ran away and my kid flunked math, all because of Evil EFX.

Don't have any of them but there's always Doc's valuable "who pulls what" thread. Never set foot in Target but I'm gonna apply - they pull 100% EFX.

7. thetravele

thetravele Well-Known Member

That sucks...you got locked out of your CR.

This isn't illegal?? If it isn't it should be.

8. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

David Szwak also includes that punitive action by taking you offline. You might want to try to apply for something local (local bank) and see if they can even pull you file.

the cra "knows or should have known" that pulling your file offline would harm you and frankly, that kind of punitive action isn't seen in a good light by juries!!!

9. Nestea

Nestea Well-Known Member

could one sue for damages if they are not able to get an apartment rental due to bad credit?

I would offer to pull for you through a landlords association I work with , but am thinking maybe that would violate the fair housing laws somehow...

10. thetravele

One more question:

PG will not let you get your report unless all three reporst are available. If EQ is not allowing you access to your report then wouldn't that also count as damages??

11. Flyingifr

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thrown out of EQUIFAX!!!!

You are right, PG cannot get me a tri-merge because EFX has blocked their file on me.

I'm not so sure what the damages are in not being able to pul;l a CRA file from them or get a tri-merge, but it would be interesting to try to find out.

Any thoughts on what my legal rights are and what the damages might be?

12. Flyingifr

Although..... since EFX is my lowest FICO (by about 100 points!!!!!) maybe having it blocked is a blessing in disguise.

Of course, the REASON it's 100 points lower than the others is the basis of my suit against Evil EFX in the first place. Seems the CRA's will screw us any way they can.

13. thetravele

What if your credit report is locked to EVERYONE??

No one can access you CR. What law are they breaking?

14. Flyingifr

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thrown out of EQUIFAX!!!!

Then that poses a simple way of overcoming bad credit - sue the credit bureau and BINGO - no credit reports for anyone.

law? non. damages? By refusing to release my file thye effectively cut me off from access to credit.

Damages? I have a business that needs to expand. If I can't buy a dozen computers, a truck and a bunch of furniture it can't expand and I lose out on $100,000 a year profits.

And, of course, Judges absolutely HATE when litigants "retaliate", and that's what this action is - retalliation against me for daring to take EFX to task for violating the law.

15. dalaggie

dalaggie Well-Known Member

You say you have documented proof that they just slap verified on the dispute? Can you give us the details on this proof? Might come in handy for a lot of us.

The bright side of this is that if you post your proof and it helps, many of us can scroo Equifax. Your revenge will have gone global...

16. Flyingifr

I have the following documents, you draw your own conclusions:

1: Dispute letter from me to EFX dated Marck 29, 2003 disputing an Arrow Financial Services trade line and an iQualifynow/Info1 inquiry..

2: UDF (Universal Data Form) from Arrow Financial Services to Equifax dated mid-April 2003 requesting deletion of their trade line rom my credit file.

3: Letter from EFX dated July 1, 2003 stating Arrow had verified their trade line and that it remains.

4: Letter from Arrow Financial services to me dated July 10, 2003 stating tah EFX had never contacted themn regardinga dispute and that, hid they been contacted, they would have said to "remove" since my information has been purged from their system.

5: Letter from iQualifynow/Info1 requesting deletion of their inquiry. The inquiry (dated March 2003) is stll there.

Draw your own conclusions.

17. dalaggie

dalaggie Well-Known Member

Hope you didn't think I was being a wise-a$$ by asking what proof you had. I was just hoping to learn what to look for. Actually, I guess I have a similar situation. I disputed and sent a letter to Reliant Energy at about the same time. Reliant took it off the report, and a few weeks later, I get notified by Experian that they had verified. I looked, and the TL was gone, so I'm left wondering, "Verified what? There's nothing there..."

18. mel

mel Well-Known Member

A similar thing happened to me when I sued Trans Union. I couldn't obtain copies through either website or phone number. During the suit, copies can only be obtained through the Credit Agency's attorney. Have you tried there? Even now after I settled the issue, I have my own dispute person at Trans Union that all my disputes go through...sigh, well at least I know that they are being investigated by a person...

19. Flyingifr

That's good to know - that even after the suit my disputes will actually BE investigated. That's one of the causes of action - fraudulent investigations of disputes.

If EVERYONE with this problem sued the credit bureaus, then the CRA's would have a choice-

have their staffs properly investigate disputes, or

hire an army of attorneys to investigate the disputes.

20. thetravele

BUMP for more discussions on the subject....