Thrown out of EQUIFAX!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Flyingifr, Aug 13, 2003.

1. JessRabbit

JessRabbit New Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thrown out of EQUIFAX!!!!

Found his contact info - maybe he will have a referral for me. Anyways this was filed in State Civil Court, and just got bumped to the United States Federal Court. I really think at this point I need a Lawyer to represent (the case is for over $100k in damages).

Jessica

2. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thrown out of EQUIFAX!!!!

3. JessRabbit

JessRabbit New Member

Grrrr return email - fatal errors. Guess his email is out of service.

Hmmm to call or not to call?

Jessica

4. thetravele

thetravele Well-Known Member

Jessica, I have been in contact with him and his email works.

He recommended me to lawyer up by me. He might be able to do the same for you.

5. kickman

kickman Well-Known Member

Someone may have already mentioned this (sorry if it's redundant).

I believe there's some case law out there that precludes the running of a CR for litigation purposes. A CRA, OC or other creditor may use a CR that was not generated in anticipation of litigation, but cannot run one to use as evidence.

It could be that EQ, knowing that they cannot run one, won't be running one for you either based upon the same case law.

6. Flyingifr

Re: Re: Thrown out of EQUIFAX!!!!

I just got confirmation from a credit grantor that Equifax has locked THEM out of my credit file also. So.... if you have a good TU and a good EXP and a bad EFX, sue EFX and the bad one goes away. I guess EFX figures I can't sue them for slander if they aren't giving out my credit file any more.

BTW, trial is Thursday October 23rd.

7. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Good luck, and keep us posted. I'll be on vacation but will try to remember to check when I come back. When I go on vacation, the computer is left WAY behind!

8. Flyingifr

I'm gonna keep this thread active till after the trial Thursday

9. diggingout

diggingout Active Member

This thread ended. Can you tell me what came of this?

10. rntalks

rntalks Member

yeah, this is 3 years old, what ever happened here?

11. Flyingifr

Sorry about the delay.

Equifax (after the trial) agreed to end the shennanegans on my promise not to drag them right back into Court to explain their behavious to a Judge.

12. diggingout

diggingout Active Member

Your stuff and Lizardkings stuff is interesting as heck. I will likely have to defend my rights as well here very soon. From what I have read all through here, over and over again is that these CRA's play chicken with anyone who dares argue with their records. How could THEY possibly make a mistake in their reporting??!! I will say though, that even though you guys have claimed success in your battles with the CRA's, and it seems that you are going it alone, I am doing so with the help of a competent attorney behind the scenes. I hope that I leave nothing to chance. As cut and dried as the law seems to be in many cases, I have often read law out of the proper context. I will continue my threads through here to help anyone who needs help. Thanks for taking the time to share all of your experiences.