Tick with FNB of Marin

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by A.C. Brown, Jul 11, 2000.

1. A.C. Brown

A.C. Brown Guest

My payment is due on 7-9 which falls on a Sunday, I sent payment on 7-5 one of the rep's call me on yesterday 7-10 to notify me that my payment is 1 day late, what a nerve i didn't think to tell her that the 9th is on a Sunday does that make a difference. I would encourage anybody to get their card to rebuild their credit go elsewhere.
    I'm T I C K!!!

2. JP

JP Guest

Protect yourself from these things by mailing your payment on the day you receive it. If you are unable to do that, mail it at least 7-10 business days before it is due. Lastly always followup with a call to ensure the receipt of payment.

Regards,
    JP

3. Jim R.

Jim R. Guest

i have a fnb marin card and when the same thing happend to me they were nice enough to cancel the fee.. (however i did call them before the due date and told then it might arrive late a day or 2) other things i found out were as follows:
    1. they do post on sundays !
    2. payments over 99.99 are held till the check clears or 10 days !! (if it's a money order you have to "fax" them the receipt !)3. the do have western union quick collect addy and your funds are posted and available the next business day if rcvd before 2 pm mountain time. (it costs 11.95 to send it but i find it's worth it)

i've been paying on time and keep a balance about 75% of the credit limit by the end of the month (when i make a payment i pay down to about 10% of my limit eg. 500 limit i pay all but about 60.00).. i'll let you know how the cli goes.. the 1st "review" comes at 6 months which is this month !

p.s. when mailing from the chicago area if i mailed it on monday it always had posted by friday (the 1st 4 months anyway since then i've done the quick collect)

just my 2 cents

Jim r.

4. Stormie

Stormie Guest

Thats great advice ! I always verify recipt of all my payments. I always try and mail two weeks early that way I don't have to deal with those mailing delays. The post office can really be slow sometimes which doesn't help when you have bills that are due.