Time of Month AMEX Transmits to CRA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by wondering, Sep 22, 2003.

1. wondering

wondering Well-Known Member

Anyone know if they do it the 1st, 15th, 30th or when?

2. wlewisj

wlewisj Well-Known Member

It varies. I was trying to figure that out myself. They reported the day after my bill came out most months. Then, once I started paying the balance as soon as the bill came out they would go weeks without updating. Once it was 2 months before an update. BTW, I have the gold charge and my bill comes out on the 7th of each month. So, some months are reported on the 8th. Then, some months they do not update unless I dispute the balance.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WHEN THEY HAVE YOUR PAYMENT IN THEIR HANDS...

PAYMENT PROSESS...

Open envelope
    Type in account number
    Update CRA (PRESS WARP SPEED BUTTON)***
    Type in payment amount
    Confirm payment amount
    SEND
    DONE

***TOO BAD YOU PAID THE FULL AMOUNT...YOU WON'T GET CREDIT FOR THAT ON YOUR F.I.C.O. SCORE!!!

4. wlewisj

wlewisj Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Time of Month AMEX Transmits to CRA

***TOO BAD YOU PAID THE FULL AMOUNT...YOU WON'T GET CREDIT FOR THAT ON YOUR F.I.C.O. SCORE!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

It was a charge card. But, paying the balance off as soon as the bill was available online raised my score about 5 or 9 points. The funny thing was taht my balance is usually no more than 400 bucks. I noticed everytime that AMEX posted a 0 balance my score would stay over 770 on equifax. But, if I had a balance it would go to 763-767.

Then, having a balance on only one card played a role as well. I was experimenting to see how much of a boost I would get from having a balance reported for only one card at the same time. And the other balances would be <$200.

Willis

5. wondering

wondering Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input. I thought I noticed mine posting at different times.