Time to Come Clean

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Leslie, Apr 20, 2001.

1. Leslie

Leslie Guest

I just searched through the site and see someone posting under my name using the same masking service I do at the office.

To make a long story short I am in the business and when Creditnet started posting our full IP addresses I started using a site that masks your true IP to post here because frankly, it is none of your damn business where I work. Essentially, you will see the IP address of the imposter is the same as mine only with a change in the last 3 numbers. I posted a tidbit about needing a 650 for a Walmart card with Chase and the person followed with a goofy expression and a oh, I meant 660. (Not true, it is 650). I sincerely apologize and I will no longer post on the board because I want to give advice and receive it without a mudding of the waters with silly posts by random pranksters.

My hat is off to all of you are really amazing. You are truly helping others and educating yourselves at the same time.

Cheers.

2. Leslie

Leslie Guest

You use the same masking service as me!The last three numbers can and will change within each session whichever gives the best PING rate!

3. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

not mine

This is also happening to me. There are so many bad posts under my name now that coming here is getting to be as depressing as looking at my credit reports.

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Re: not mine

that is awful!!!

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

tried a new one

they can do the same thing again, though. :(

6. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: tried a new one

Not when we have logins on this board. Any news, pbm?

Saar

7. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

ShyGuy,

Mosts of us are pretty familiar with people who post on this board on a regular basis. I didn't think it sounded like you. Thank you for telling us know. Hopefully, having to register will get rid of some sick peoples idea of having fun.

Dani

8. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Early next week! Fingers crossed.

-Dave

9. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I can't wait either. But those of you who are getting soooo frustrated and thinking about not returning to this board, I think you should really reconsider. I have found such positive information and I've seen a difference in my credit "power" and I've only been here a little over a month. Also, if you really pay attention to the posters you will figure out who's who and their TRUE identity.

Even I get confused sometimes because "con artists" are just that. And they're good at their game. Don't take anything personal and don't let the "bad guys" win. We all have very valuable information to share and I feel it should be shared. Helping others help themselves is the best medicine around. ;o)

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

11. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

don't hold your breath:

Author: Saar (proxy1.bezeqint.net)
    Date: 04-20-01 09:06

Not when we have logins on this board. Any news, pbm?

Author: Jim Rad (moderator@creditnet.com)
    Date: 02-15-99 10:30

Thanks for the suggestion! One of the planned features is user registration, which will allow you the option to not show others information you do not wish to share.

Until then

Regards,
    Jim

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

that was an imposter....

I will always use my exisnet account when I am posting anything personal, folks, :)

"It" can't use that one, hehe - They make you sign up in person.